Chapter 6

hey guys, so i know its been a little while since i've last updated, so i thoughth that i'd do that now for you guys. unfortunately, though, i didn't put in any actual boxing in this chapter only because i still have no idea what i'm talking about when it comes to boxing. i'm trying to learn some stuff, but haven't learned enough yet. but i hope that you guys like it.

                                                                                   +++++++++

Chapter 6

Cayden and I have just finished our very first boxing lesson, and let me tell you, it was not easy. I can barely breath.

Once we finished the lesson, which feels like only seconds ago, although it’s more like 10 minutes ago, I feel like I’m about to pass out from exhaustion. I was still trying to catch my breath, feeling as though my airwaves had closed. Cayden just stood by the punching bag, trying hard not to laugh at me, yet failing miserably.

“It’s… not… funny… Cayden,” I nearly choked out. That only made him laugh even more. I didn’t have it in me to yell at him, and not to laugh at my troubles, but I just couldn’t. All I wanted to do was go back upstairs, drink my coffee, and go to bed.

“God, Cindy, you’re so out of shape,” Cayden says. I have my head resting on the wall behind me, and I send him the worst glare that I could, but that only made him smirk.

“That’s not… very… nice,” I tried to get out. In his defence, it’s true, I am miserably out of shape. But, then again, I’ve never really cared about being in shape. I mean, I’m not fat, and I can eat whatever I want and gain very little from it. I just walk it off. And since I walk everywhere, it works out well. But apparently, it hasn’t been working as well as I’d hoped it had.

“But it’s the truth. You can’t get mad at the truth. I mean, look at you, you’re practically dying from just hitting the punching bag for only 15 minutes, and the 10 year olds around here can hit it for at least half and hour, if not more. You need to get into better shape.” Ouch. That hurt. It was almost as if someone was just calling you fat, which in a way, he was.

“Wow, thanks for that Cayden. Didn’t know that I was fatter than 10 year olds.” Cayden’s face fell when he realized that what he said actually came off as something completely different than what he meant. Don’t get me wrong, I know exactly what he mean, and I agree with him 100 per cent, I just like playing with him a little. It’s actually kind a funny.

“Crap. I’m sorry, Cindy. I didn’t mean it like that. I just mean that you can’t even keep up with the simple things that come along with boxing..” I started laughing right then and there, and Cayden stopped talking, and looked at me with a confused look on his face, which only made me laugh even more.

“What’s so funny?” he asked, a smile beginning to form on his face. I was able to calm myself down enough to finally start talking, but I knew that I still needed a few more seconds before I could actually say anything.

I put up my hand for him to wait a minute, while I put my hands on my knees, and leaned forwards, trying to catch more of my breath. Finally, I was able to talk.

“You know that I was only joking, right? I know what you meant, I just wanted to see what you would do it I brought that up.” I could see a look of realization cross Cayden’s face, and all I could do was smile. He just continued to look at me like that, not even realizing that we were just sitting there, staring at each other mindlessly.

Suddenly, I heard someone walk in the front door.

“Yo, Cayden, you hear yet, man?” I heard a male voice ask.

“Shit,” Cayden said. I wasn’t suppose to be here while the guys were here, that was one of Coach’s rules. I looked at Cayden, knowing that my eyes were huge, with his looked mirrored mine. Neither of us knew what to do. I was too far away from the door to be able to make a run for it, and there was no where were I could really hide.

Cayden was looking around frantically, trying to find somewhere where I would be able to go that no one would find me. We were in the back corner of the gym, too far away from the door, and too far away from Coach’s office. There was a few full-sized lockers right beside us, and I saw Cayden look at me, and then look at the lockers. I knew what he was thinking, and there was no way that I was going to be getting in one of those smelly lockers.

NO,

I mouthed at him. I shook my head frantically, showing him that I was serious, but he didn’t care. He grabbed my arm, and led me over to the lockers.

“We don’t have any other choice. As soon as they leave, I’ll let you out of the locker, and get you back upstairs to your room, okay?” he asked. He looked at me expectantly. He knew that I had really no where else to go, and if Coach knew that I was here while the guys were, he might ask me to leave. I sighed, knowing that I had no other choice, and stepped inside the locker.

“But as soon as they leave, get me out of here,” I whispered/yelled at him. Cayden just smiled.

“I promise. Just keep quiet, and don’t say a word,” Cayden said. I nodded, and he shut the door. The second he did that, it hit me. And no, I don’t mean like a ball or anything, I mean the smell. It smelt awful. I mean, it smelt like B.O. got mad and went on a smelling rampage. I nearly gagged, but tried to contain it since I couldn’t be heard. But it was really really hard.

“Hey, I’m back here,” Cayden said to his friends.

“Dude, there you are. We thought that you would be up at your dad’s office. Didn’t you hear us calling for you?” some guy asked. I looked out the few lines that were on the locker, and was able to see the boys, no men, that were in front of me. The boy that was talking to Cayden was tall, but no more than 6’2, with black spiked up hair, and a chiselled body. But then again, all the other guys standing there looked the same. It was absolutely unbelievable.

“No, man. Sorry. I was outside, and just came in. I didn’t hear you guys until now.” Cayden was lying trough his teeth, and he was doing it so well. That kind a scared me. I mean, if he can lie so well to his friends, people that he’s known for so long, and not even falter, who’s to say that he can’t do the same to me.

“Sure, okay man, whatever you say,” another guy said. He was taller than the other guys, but not by much. He had brown hair that was sorta grown out. I have to admit though, it did suit him.

“Seriously man. Why would I lie to you?” Cayden asked, faking sounding hurt. I just rolled my eyes, while also trying to blind away the tears that were forming due to the awful stench.

“Dude, you always lie to us. It’s just what you do. Now, are we going to start boxing or what. I’ve got about 4 hours to kill, so there’s no rush today,” said the first guy. My eyes widened, which I regretted because I could feel them begin to water even more. 4 hours! I was going to be stuck in here for 4 hours! I was going to kill Cayden.

                                                                                 +++++++++

sorry guys, i know its kind a short, but im going to start working on the next chapter so that way i can try and have it longer for you guys. but i hoped that you guys liked it. please let me know what you guys think, or even what you would like to see in furture chapters so that way i can try and work them in.

vote, rate, comment, fan?