F I F T Y - T W O

F I F T Y - T W O

You know that I love you
So let me into you, woo

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"I, Lord Corlys of House Velaryon, swear fealty to King Aemond and Queen Daella and forsake my previous alliances for all the years and events to come," Lord Corlys said, his voice loud and clear. His brown eyes flickered to the Iron Throne, in front of which Aemond and Daella were standing side by side, and pulling his sword from his scabbard, he offered it up with two hands as he knelt down.

Daella looked on with a small smile, her hands folded over her baby bump and entirely satisfied with the court attending this change of loyalty from her grandfather. Most of the high lords and ladies backing the Greens were still at the Red Keep from the feast that had been held in honour of the heir and Daella was convinced that seeing one of her mother's most powerful allies switch sides would keep the morale high.

"Rise, Lord Velaryon, Master of Ships," Aemond said, his voice cold and betraying none of his emotions. He formed a stark contrast with his wife once again, for she was clothed in bright red colours and radiated a joy that could light up the world with the seeming warmth it held, while he wore his usual black doublet and a composed expression.

Though Princess Rhaenys did not say the words, she did bend the knee and with a harsh look over her shoulder, her granddaughters Baela and Rhaena followed. Daella could suffer the lack of respect in private, but she would not be made a fool of in court by her two simple cousins and so she was glad that the twins did nothing that would earn her wrath. Thus far, ser Golding had not made very interesting reports on the two girls, who appeared to spend most of their time strolling the gardens and exploring the Red Keep.

"Let the strength of our united front not get to our heads, good lords and ladies of Westeros," Aemond said, his voice rising through the Throne Room. "But let us retreat to the Battle Chambers to ensure a swift victory, so that the Seven Kingdoms may flourish once again."

That night, Daella dreamt of a little boy standing in front of an enormous dragon. The dragon was breathing fire, lighting the walls up in a sea of yellow and red, and while Daella willed her legs to go to the toddler, to hoist him up in her arms and leave the cave, her body remained frozen. Just as she was about to call out, the boy turned around and grinned at her, one eye violet and the other blue.

Daella woke with a jolt and a deep gasp for air, breaking out of Aemond's strong embrace and clenching the sheets to her chest. Her other hand went to her stomach, something that now happened without a single thought spent on it, and she held her breath as she could feel the smallest of flutters. Completely still in fear of losing the sensation, Daella let go of the sheets and placed her other hand on her stomach in anticipation. Feeling another kick, a chuckle of disbelief escaped her mouth.