E L E V E N

E L E V E N

Somewhere across the sea of time
A love immortal such as mine
Will come to me
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Daella felt her breath hitch in her throat at the sight of the largest dragon in the realm diving exactly for the place she was sitting. Scrambling to her feet, she could see Aemond sitting on top of Vhagar, holding the old girl's reins as they flew so close over Daella and her dragons that only a hair could be spared, and he made her land near the end of the small island. She could feel herself almost being pushed over by the wind Vhagar created with her wings and placed her hand on Silverwings side to keep her balance. Letting out a warning roar, Vermithor stepped in front of Daella and Silverwing, already the darkness around them disappearing with the promise of fire. 

Silverwing went to stand in front of Daella too and letting out a hushing sound, she walked from underneath their wings to the middle of the island. "Lykirī, Vermithor, Silverwing," she said, placing her hands on their scales. Vermithor swallowed his fire and Daella let her gaze wander to her uncle, who instead of climbing down the ropes, walked down Vhagar's wing. 

His blonde hair was lifted up by the wind as soon as he removed the hood of his black cloak and he stared at the woman in front of him with an impassive expression on his face. For a moment, his eye glided to Vermithor and Silverwing shadowing over Daella, but then his eyes flickered back to her. "When I heard one of the Shepherds running down the hall in search for my mother, shouting all sorts of obscenities in High Valyrian, I immediately knew it was you, niece," Prince Aemond said in High Valyrian, a small smirk tugging at the corners of his mouth. "Was it my book that finally made you take action?"

"You speak boldly for a man in the direct line of fire of not merely one, but two dragons, uncle," Daella replied in the same language. She folded her hands behind her back, raising a single eyebrow to dare him to keep talking. 

"Yet I have the biggest," Aemond replied unbothered, motioning with his hand to the great beast standing behind him. Once more he eyed Vermithor and Silverwing, pulling up his nose ever so slightly. "And you have only bonded with them for what, nigh an hour?"

"Naejot, Vermithor," Daella ordered, the big dragon immediately taking a step in Aemond's direction."Rȳbās." 

When Vermithor was close enough to open his mouth to take a bite from Aemond's hair, he bent down and stared straight into her uncle's eye. Vermithor let out a huff and though most of Daella's sight was taken by her great beast, she could see Aemond stagger from the sudden rush of air and smiling smugly, she called for Vermithor to return to her side. The dragon did so instantly and Aemond had at least the decency to look slightly embarrassed.