F O U R T Y - S I X

F O U R T Y - S I X

You see your love
Made complete

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

Daella lay breathless and tangled in the sheets, her blue eyes looking up at her husband and her head resting on the pillow. Aemond reached out and for the smallest of moments, she closed her eyes as she felt his fingers brushing one of her wild locks behind her ear, his skin leaving a trail of fire on hers. Opening her eyes again, she pulled the duvets over her shoulder in an attempt to shield her body from the mean draft that tended to haunt the rooms of the Eyrie. 

"I must return to Kingslanding soon, Aemond," she said softly, her voice barely audible over the wind tugging at the walls and screaming through the tiny cracks. 

Aemond frowned. "What of the plans to go North?"

"You will have to go alone," Daella replied, folding her hands over her stomach underneath the sheets. Her eyes flickered over her husband's face as she watched the wrinkles between his brows increase, his mind probably getting heated at trying to find an explanation. Not being able to resist the smile that came to her face, she took a deep breath and pushed herself up on her elbow. "I am with child, Aemond."

Daella was sure that she would never again see the change of expression on her husband's face like now again. It went from a deep frown to an even more profound one as he took in the meaning of her words, his mouth twisted away in a pensive grimace, but then the light in his eye began to shine as though she had granted him the world and a wide grin broke through on his face. He too pushed himself up from the bed and placed an urgent hand on Daella's cheek, angling her face up so that she could stare right into his gaze.

"Are you speaking the truth, my beloved?" Aemond said, his voice a breathless whisper. "You are not merely jesting me?"

"I am speaking the truth, Aemond," she replied, a genuine expression on her face. "It was the Lady Jeyne who noticed it first by my repulsion for food and the fullness of my face, then came the morning sickness and the lack of having blood. The Maester confirmed it."

Aemond pressed his mouth against hers at once, chaste and sweet, before leaning back again. Daella stared at him with a dumbfounded expression on his face, surprised at his sudden happiness. It had not been that long ago that they had sat in Lady Jeyne's solar, discussing the possible consequences of Aemond taking Lucerys' eye in a show of petty revenge, and the mood had been far from joyful. Now, nothing of that sullen atmosphere was left. She smiled as her husband littered her face with kisses, his hand gliding under the sheets and resting on top of her stomach.