T H I R T Y - F I V E

A/N: credits to the gif below once again go to @Spookyhookah ((: <3333333

T H I R T Y - F I V E

I know that if you hide, it doesn't go away
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

For the feast following immediately after the wedding ceremony, Daella had changed into a dress more fitting for a bride, a soft shade of white, with a necklace resembling Silverwing resting on her collarbones. Though she was now officially Queen Consort, a title she had been expecting for quite some time now, the fuss surrounding it still surprised her. Her maids instantly changed their 'my Princess' for 'my Queen' or 'Your Grace' and their curtsies became even deeper while the guards lining the halls of the Red Keep inclined their heads at her every passing.

Keeping her head held high and her spine straight, she made her way to the gardens of the Red Keep, where the wedding feast would be held. Folding her hands in front of her stomach, she smiled at the feeling of the sun kissing her skin as she stepped outside, her eyes already fixated on the dais and particularly the man sitting at the head of it. There was no denying the flutter in her stomach or the weak feeling in her legs at the sight of him, ever so composed as he offered a polite smile to Lord Wylde, but Daella would never admit it out loud. She and Aemond had learned to tolerate each other's presence, she had even secretly grown to like his and she desperately hoped that those feelings were requited. Even if they were not at the moment, she was sure that it would change in the years to come.

"Queen Daella Targaryen," ser Golding announced her presence.

Daella smiled gently enough as everybody rose from their seat, even the Lady Alicent and her own husband, and quickly went to sit down in the luxurious chair matching Aemond's. Her eyes fell upon Helaena, who had been seated next to Daella's left hand while Lady Alicent had been placed next to Aemond on his other side.

"Auntie Daella," Jaehaera said, earning Daella's instant attention.

"Yes, my niece?" Daella replied, raising her eyebrows in question. She looked down at the young girl, barely four years old, leaning against her mother's legs as she held onto the armrest of Daella's chair. Daella had to admit that even though she was still a toddler, there was a certain beauty in the fine features of her face and her thick silver locks and she was certain that with the years coming, Jaehaera would grow into a beautiful lady.

Jaehaera jumped from one foot onto the other with the impatience only young children could possess while the chatter around them rose. "Are you my Queen now, instead of my aunt?" she asked after a while, the tone in her voice childishly curious.