F I F T Y

F I F T Y

Only love, only love can hurt like this
Only love can hurt like this
─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"Follow, Silverwing," Daella ordered the docile beauty as she watched Aemond on top of Vhagar and Helaena on top of Dreamfyre break through the clouds below. Without a second to spare, Silverwing soared down and Daella increased her grip on the saddle. When she looked over her shoulder, she saw Vermithor following obediently and when her eyes focused on the island below them, she could already make out the details of the fortress. 

The three of them had flown above the heavy deck of clouds all the way from Kingslanding, waiting until the sun rose in their backs before descending to Dragonstone. From the sudden shouts erupting below and the knights staring up with fearful expressions on their faces and eyes squinted against the bright morning light, Daella could make up that their presence had gone noticed up until this point. The thought that the three of them had lingered for about an hour above the castle on the greatest beasts alive without a single knight or dragon rider catching them brought a sly smile to her face.

While Helaena circled the fortress counter-clockwise on Dreamfyre, Aemond encircled the castle in the opposite direction and Daella hovered right above the courtyard, with Vermithor flying above her. Silverwing let out a huff of dismay as her lizard-like eyes fell on the surface below, the memory of what had happened during their last visit to Dragonstone fresh on her mind most likely, but she did not buck or protest when Daella ordered her lower still. 

Only when her mother appeared in the courtyard, flanked by all the dragon riders on Dragonstone and Lord Corlys, did Silverwing land on the ground with a warning growl and a breath of smoke escaping her mouth. A cloud of dust and ground particles went up at the landing and swallowing loudly, Daella undid the clasps of her saddle and dismounted the she-dragon by walking down her wing. With both feet firmly planted on the ground and her hands folded behind her back, Daella stared up at the sky for a moment. Three mighty dragons were circling the fortress, the scene looking just like a painting of Old Valyria before the Doom. 

"It is quite an amazing thing, is it not?" Daella said, her eyes flickering to the welcome committee in front of her. Her mother was wearing the crown her father had worn, and by her side were Lucerys and Jacaerys. Daella tried not to stare at her younger brother's eye, which had been stitched shut and was uncovered for the world to see. "The ability to tame and control a dragon, I mean."

"Control over dragons is an illusion we all like to believe is true, daughter," Rhaenyra said, gulping ever so slightly. Then, her gaze dropped to Daella's stomach and her eyes widened in realisation as they flickered up again. "You are pregnant."