Chapter 12 - Ms. Americana and the heartbreak prince(Edited)

________

"And I don't want you to go, I don't really wanna fight, 'Cause nobody's gonna win, I think you should come home

"And I don't want you to go, I don't really wanna fight, 'Cause nobody's gonna win, I think you should come home."

________

(Also I highly suggest listening to the song linked above when reading this chapter. I feel like it fits this chapter perfectly.)

Jess's P.O.V

My heart shattered.

My Heart shattered into a million little pieces when I saw the video. I stared at the screen for what felt like eternity, the video paused on the exact moment that he kissed her.

At first I felt sad. A kind of sadness I had never experienced before, the kind that felt like my heart was tearing apart.

I then felt angry. The kind of anger that only screaming or hitting something could cure, and even then the rage would linger.

Then finally I felt betrayed. Betrayed because of every reassuring word had been a lie. Him telling me that she didn't matter, she wasn't on his mind, she was never who he wanted.

That was all a lie.

I knew he had wanted her from the moment he had seen her. My suspicions had just been confirmed by the kiss. The kiss that made me rethink everything.

I threw and shattered things, screaming for help. But no one came. This was battle that was entirely mine, my problem to work out. Instead I slumped against the wall, letting the tears stream down my face.

It was only till I picked up my phone moments later that I realized that this wasn't just about Grayson and I. The whole world could now view his betrayal, and people had things to say.

Every basic law about being famous is that you should never look at the comments but due to my already messed up emotions I assumed that looking at the comments wouldn't hurt.

They did.

"Deserved what she got."

"Should have chosen Avery in the first place."

"He dodged a bullet."

"Probably only used her for her body."

"So glad he's not dating her anymore."

I was pretty sure I had stopped breathing. Or was I about to throw up? I didn't know. I had no idea what this feeling was. I had never felt something so miserable.

The tears were still running down my face when I left the room, bag in my hand. I walked to Libby's bedroom door and knocked. She opened it and her face instantly filled with worry at my tear stained face.