Chapter 6 - Daylight (Edited)

______________________________

"I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you, I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you, I've been sleeping so long in a 20-year dark nightAnd now I see daylight, I only see daylight"_______________________________

And now I see daylight, I only see daylight"
_______________________________

Grayson's P.O.V

I hadn't been to True North in years. I hadn't really planned on coming back anytime soon, too many memories. Most good, some not so good. One thing I couldn't deny though was that when me and my brothers were here we were happy.

It was so peaceful when the four of us strapped into our boots and bindings. There was no arguing, no fighting, just us and the slopes.
The four of us always wanting to be skiing.

We would spend hours out on the mountain, always competing, but in a way we all enjoyed. We weren't worried about what our grandfather thought, we already knew we were some of the best at the resort, there was no reason to prove it.

Though now after two years of not going I almost missed the fun we all had. Jess was staring out the window in awe. I reached for her hand to get her attention. On her ring finger she wore the paper ring I had made for her. I vowed to myself that I get her one just like it but made of diamonds.

She brought her amazed gaze to me and gave me her unique smile that always brought butterflies to my stomach.

"We can go when we get there." Jess shook her head slightly.

"I can't ski or snowboard." She gave me a crooked smile and shrugged her shoulders. I returned her crooked smile.

"We'll it's a good thing you're dating a fairly good skier." She laughed a little and squeezed my hand. "Oh, and one more thing, never let a Hawthorne challenge you to a drop." Jess stared at me confused. I gave her a look that said "you don't want to know" then she nodded.

She returned her gaze back to the mountains. I looked past her to the view and saw the resort. The same resort I had spent many Christmas's at. The same resort I had gone to if I needed to clear my head. The resort that was now leading me into another mystery.

...

Avery was there when we landed and so were my brothers. Avery was smiling nervously at the two of us, mainly me. Jameson nudged Avery's shoulder and she stopped smiling.

"Gray, can we talk to you?" Jameson asked hesitantly. I looked back at Jess who shrugged her shoulders in confusion.

I walked over to my brother and Avery who led me to a quiet spot. Avery looked to Jameson then back to me.

"Grayson we know who your father is." Jameson gave Avery a look that screamed 'you could have led up to it'. Not knowing what to say I nodded.

"Sheffield Grayson is my father." I said. Avery looked at me confused.