Chapter 13

Wilbur groaned slightly as he began to stir, squinting as he had to try and adjust to the bright light.
"OH MY GOD! DAD, MUM! HE'S AWAKE! HE'S WAKING UP!!!"
Wilbur jumped at the sudden loud voice, sitting up to see who was yelling, but pain suddenly hit him, causing him to groan again and lie back down, grimacing from the pain. He was too busy focused on the pain to even look around.
"Oh, thank gods!"
"Give him some space, Tom... we don't know what's happened to him yet, he might freak out..." A soft-spoken lady spoke.
'Wait... Tom?' Wilbur suddenly wondered.
"Is he actually awake?" A gruff voice suddenly appeared.
Wilbur sat up, looking over at all the voices and his mind went blank, his body was suddenly freezing cold, and it felt like time itself froze.
"Wilbur! You're okay!" Tommy's smile was still as bright as it always was. With pale blue eyes, and curly, golden blonde hair, he looked a lot like Phil, but still a lot like Kristin in some ways; He had grown a LOT too. "You're home!" He was crying.

"Why did you leave? Why are you hurt?" Techno walked over to Tommy's side to see Wilbur better. Techno still had his long, pastel pink hair, done in a braid, partnered by his ruby red eyes. He didn't seem to have grown as much, but he seemed like he worked out a lot.
"Give him some space, boys," Phil spoke up. Phil's hair was at his shoulders now, Wilbur remembered when it was longer... he had pale blue eyes and he was still wearing those cool bamboo sandals.
"Don't bombard him with questions all at once..." Kristin was still as soft-spoken and motherly as ever. Her brown eyes glowed thanks to the sunlight, and her long black hair was just as soft-looking as Wilbur remembered.
They all looked at Wilbur, now seeming calmer, but the tension was so strong in the air, it was almost visible.
Wilbur teared up, "I... I..." He didn't even know what to say. He had hoped to never see them again, not like it was any fault of theirs...

"Wilbur, you remember us, right??" Tommy stepped closer, leaning on the couch with urgency, desperately wanting an answer from his brother.
Wilbur found it hard to speak. There was a lump in his throat, making it hard to even swallow. He just shut his mouth, and he nodded.
Tommy smiled brightly, turning to Phil and Kristin with excitement and happiness in his eyes.
Phil smiled softly, but he had to hold his own excitement down. He approached Wilbur from the front side of the couch, carefully sitting on the floor by him. "Will..."
"I-I'm sorry." Wilbur looked down, tears beginning to fall from his eyes.
Phil was saddened, hugging Wilbur. "You're home now, Will. That's all that matters."
Kristin soon came around, hugging Wilbur as well. "We missed you so much.. we never stopped looking for you."
Wilbur hesitated in the slightest, but he soon hugged back, falling quiet as he cried softly.

"Let us get a hug too!" Tommy basically jumped over the back of the couch to join the hug.
Techno stepped over, hugging them too, he was trying not to cry.
Once they all pulled away, Kristin took Wilbur's face into her hands, wiping away his tears, "We're just happy that you're home." She smiled softly, tears in her eyes too.
Wilbur smiled a little, "I- I can't deny that I missed you all."
Phil smiled, "Wilbur.. why did you leave?" His expression changed, becoming more serious.
Wilbur's smile fell, and he looked down. "...I didn't want to hurt Tommy again."
Everyone's expression turned to surprise, causing it to go quiet.
"...Wilbur, honey." Kristin rubbed his back, "We know you didn't do it on purpose."
"You could have talked to us, Will.." Phil held his hand.
"Yeah, you may have scared me, but I knew that you never meant to hurt me..." Tommy looked at him.
"I understand that, but at the time, I was.. scared. Of myself! How could I have known that I wasn't going to do it again?" Wilbur looked up at them.

Techno looked down, he understood what it was like.
Wilbur looked back down with a sigh, "At the very least, I've been learning how to control it, thanks to Qua-...OH MY GOD, QUACKITY!" He yelled suddenly, catching everyone by surprise.
"What? Who's that??" Tommy questioned.
"MY FUCKING BOYFRIEND! HE'S IN DANGER!" Wilbur was starting to panic, "That's why I got hurt! It's like some fucked up book plot cause his mom's got this secret evil twin that abducted him and I made some stupid deal with her to try and buy myself time to figure out how the hell I can save him!" He held his head in his hands.
"That's a lot to take in at once-" Phil muttered to himself.
"Wilbur, slow down. Take deep breaths, now..." Kristin pet his hair, "Calm down first, please..."
Wilbur nodded, gulping slightly and trying to breathe.

Once he had calmed down enough to breathe properly, he spoke again, this time, softer. "She's stronger than me... I can't beat her on my own."
Techno glanced away for a moment. "...Explain to us what's going on, Will.."
"..." Wilbur sighed, "Quackity is my boyfriend, just yesterday I came home and I found that he had been abducted. Last night, I found him in this warehouse nearby, I didn't have anything to lockpick the chains, but... his abductor, Tessa... she found me, I tried to fight her, but she was about to kill me, so I had no choice but to strike a 'deal' that would keep Quackity and me both alive. I only have a week, and even so, I need to be home by then and... I can't fake an address either, I don't doubt that she'd kill either one of us in an instant." He rubbed his face with his hands, "I... I don't know what to do."
"What about the police?" Phil questioned softly.
"The police are the last people on Earth I'd go to with something like this! I don't trust those fucking pigs!" Wilbur scoffed, "They couldn't even do anything about Techno or me." He rolled his eyes, tears welling up in his eyes with frustration.

"You?" Kristin inquired. "...Have... you killed too?"
Wilbur hesitated, gulping lightly. "..." He nodded. "All for the same reasons. I did it for Quackity. All I wanted was to protect him. There were some people who hurt him, harassed him... Anyone that got in the way."
Phil's shoulders lowered, "Will..."
"It was too much like Techno's voices, dad." Wilbur cried softly, "I'd lose control of myself, and it's like... it's like something had taken control of me. I couldn't control myself at all, the more and more people I began to hurt, the more numb I started to feel by it. It... felt good to hurt people who hurt him. And that terrified me, but it became such a common thing, and eventually, I just... got over it." His hands shake lightly, "...I didn't mean to ever hurt anyone, not even Tommy."
Kristin sighed softly, hugging Wilbur. "It's okay... it's not your fault, hon."
Phil hugged Wilbur too, "We don't blame you at all."
Wilbur sighed shakily, hugging back.
Techno rubbed his back, "Sorry that you had to get it too, Will."

"...I mean, crimes are cool," Tommy commented lightly.
Wilbur perked up, and he laughed softly. Phil, Kristin, and Techno all laughed too.
Tommy laughed too, "Whaaat??"

Wilbur sighed, his head in his hands. He was still fretting over what to do. It was 1 AM... he shouldn't be up this late with the lamp on, he didn't want to end up waking Tommy somehow. Then he heard the creak of the stairs, making him look over to see who it was.
"Hey, Will." It was Techno!
"Tech? What are you doing up this late?"
"I could ask you the same," Techno shrugged as he sat on the couch by his younger brother. "You're worried about your boyfriend, aren't you?" 
Wilbur sighed, leaning back on the couch. "How could I not be?"
"...I want to help."
Wilbur paused, then looked at Techno. "...What?"
"I want to help save him. I hate seeing you upset, and besides, you're my little brother. You're finally back after all these years, and if I hadn't seen you on the lawn last night, none of us would have ever had this reunion. You would be dead." Techno looked him in the eye, "If you go back there alone, you die. You go back home, and Quackity dies. I don't want you to die, and I certainly don't want to see you miserable."
Wilbur sighed softly, "...You're right. But, what would mom and dad think? What would Tommy think?"

"They'll know that we did the right thing." Techno rested his hand on his shoulder, "Besides, who's gonna know aside from them, who we already know won't say a word?"
Wilbur nodded gently, "Yeah, you're right..." He sighed, "Not sure what I'll tell his mom, though."
"...We'll leave that part for later. Let's go in tomorrow, okay? I have weapons, and you have yours too. Together, we can be strong enough to defeat her."
Wilbur thought about it, but he nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, we can do it." He smiled hopefully, "Thank you, Techno." Wilbur hugged him.
Techno smiled, hugging back. "Anything for my little brother."

(1,520 Words)