Chapter 11

GUYS GUYS GUYS

before I start this chapter

I must tell you

I'm planning another fucking Quackbur book.

I'm probably going to write it before the OTHER book that I already told ya'll about, mainly because it's already got a plot planned out, including character roles. Still, it's much more heavily based on [redacted information because it's a surprise >:3] so the plot is unoriginal tbh and probably a basic ass AU. Still, I find it fitting for quackbur and I'm going to do it anyway. because I can. :]

okay enjoy the chapter lol

It was supposed to be a good day. It was supposed to be a HAPPY day. They were going to celebrate their one-year anniversary together. Wilbur had gone out only for a few hours to get things ready and prepared. Now everything was going wrong.
Wilbur had just parked the car, getting out to go grab Quackity so they could head out, only to find his door unlocked, and opened. The window was smashed open, the lights were on. A sinking feeling gathered in his stomach, rushing in, yelling his lover's name but he froze as he saw the sight of his home.
Items were thrown around, and many were broken. Some of the furniture had been moved and seemingly cut open in some spots, some blood was splashed along the wood flooring, and some of the puddles seemed to have been stepped in. There was a clear smear of blood going to the back door as if whoever was bleeding, had been dragged. The backdoor was open wide, the glass was cracked. The part that made Wilbur the worst... yellow feathers scattered all over the place... and Quackity's shoes were still there at the front door. All the blood seemed to be fresh.. at least, mostly fresh.

Wilbur gulped, gripping the envelope in his shaking hands. A single envelope. Unaddressed, closed, left on the island. Wilbur held it with gloves, knowing he'll certainly have to check for fingerprints later... he took a deep breath, holding it as he opened the envelope, pulling out the letter. He quickly noticed a slight blood stain at the edge of the paper inside, 'Whoever wrote this... whoever took HIM... they weren't careful enough. They made a mistake leaving their blood on this paper.' He let go of his breath finally, and he read the paper.
"I know you're smart enough to not tell the police about this... Maybe you're smart enough to not investigate at all. This is family business, so I suggest you stay out of this, lover boy. -D"

"Signed D?" Wilbur muttered, 'Family business... D... Delilah! Did... she find out something?' Wilbur gulped. If Delilah did find out, he'd have to rid of her. He liked Delilah, and he knew Quackity could never love him if he hurt her... 'Please tell me she didn't find out... if she did, would she hurt Quackity? No. She wouldn't. So why is there blood?' Wilbur looked back at the floor, the blood was nearly dry. But he didn't care about cleaning, not right now.

Wilbur pulled his phone out and quickly dialed Delilah's number, calling her. He pressed the phone up to his ear as he began to pace around carefully, searching for any other evidence he could use to track down whatever bastard dared cross his path.
It took a few rings before Delilah picked up, "Wilbur?" She questioned, "Why are you calling? Aren't you out with Alex?"
"I would have been, but someone broke in. My security was somehow disconnected, and somebody got in..." He gulped, "Delilah, you're home, right?"
"What? Uh... yes, but-"
"Have you seen Quackity?"
Delilah went quiet on the other end. "...Wilbur, did something happen to him?" Her tone sounded worried, but Wilbur recognized the anger laced within.
"I fear something did happen. I can take care of it, I just need you to be honest. Have you or Marcelo seen him or been in contact with him today?" Wilbur's tone nearly dropped completely. It shook Delilah to the core... he sounded emotionless, cold, or angry... She couldn't quite describe it, but... it was dark.