Chapter Fourteen Part Two

Chapter Fourteen

PART TWO

-----Sammy-----

I glanced over at Quinton who had just gotten the strangest idea I have ever heard of in my life. Quinton had rushed out of the kitchen as though a sudden light bulb had flashed on top of his head. Before anyone could ask him what the hell was going on, he ran up the stairs. Brody didn’t miss a beat and followed him as fast as he could. I wanted to go but… where was mom? I glanced at Allie who decided to retreat to the living room, deciding to leave her boyfriend alone. Finally I forgot the uncomfortable feeling in my stomach and fell behind them, wondering what Quinton’s high IQ was getting us into…

When we got into his room, I immediately knew what he was thinking about.

“No man, you can’t do that to her… she’s part human you know”

“I know bro, but listen. The part that isn’t human, can’t breathe our air okay? And given the… dad situation, I’m not letting her back into the ocean”. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. Was this really going to work? Brody stood in silence and finally, his eyes seemed to pop out of his head.

“No frigging way… you guys are going to put her in the…”

“Aquarium? Yes we are” Quinton said proudly. I don’t get why he was being so smug about it. There had to be a human law about this, and if not, animal cruelty? Unless we said we had a pet mermaid… no… this was just getting to weird. My sister was a fish. Actually no, it was worse. She was a mythical creature that was never supposed to exist. If anyone did find out though well, they’d kill her. Worse than that, her boyfriend’s ( or was it ex-boyfriend ? Way to confuse me Channing) dad was the one in charge of her people’s murder. Since this seemed to not be enough, fate decided that she was to go back with her father and that maybe that man should come threaten Quinton and above all, it also decided that now she was to permanently be a mermaid. Well, I mean, it was easy to understand that my brother was a victim of a temporary loss of sanity and wanted to shove his sister into a water tank. And to think that earlier today I was planning on taking out one of my ladies.

“Okay Quinton I don’t-” I tried to calm him down and took a step forward.

“Sammy, we don’t have time for you to try to stand between us okay? I have a lot to tell you guys and we have a lot to figure out with Avery and her dad and Channing’s dad”. My brother’s voice came down to a low whisper. “I’m guessing Channing wants to join the family business and now he’s dumped Avery so he can kill her”. Ok, now he was really out of his mind!

“What? Channing? He loves Avery! He wouldn’t do this to her!” I cried out in vain. It seemed that both my brother’s were a little hard headed.

“Sammy’s right dude. I bet what happened is that he got pissed at Avery that she didn’t tell him she was a mermaid and the whole killing this is just a bonus” he said and Quinton and him both smirked. Honestly! What was wrong with them? Why were they being so stupid?

“Yeah, that’s not what I’m saying. Ok assholes, why are you being such huge dicks! We need to save Avery and you guys are saying that her boyfriend is going to kill her”