Chapter Five

PART two

Some fish eat those of their own kind… gross

Chapter Five

--Channing--

I WAS WAITING IN MY ROOM for the call. Avery was going to call me and tell me what happened at any moment now. I hadn’t talked to her in two days since the pool thing. She hadn’t even sent me an IM over the weekend. It was Sunday afternoon. I bit my lip nervously and waited. Nothing. Was she okay? Was she hurt? Was she in the hospital? My door flew open and I turned towards it.

“Channing, what the heck? You promised to take me and Jenna to the movies like two hours ago!” My little brother Caleb said angrily as he stood before me. He was fifteen and anxious to get his own license because this happened almost every weekend. Of course, this was the first time it was with Jenna.

“Half and hour ago”

“Whatever, just take us to the movies”

“I’m waiting for a call”

“Avery can wait, she made you wait this long!”

“Shut up Caleb. You don't know anything. She could be hurt, she could be in the hospital or she could be-”

“DUDE! The movie starts in twenty minutes. Just take us and then you can call Avery asking if she called you because you have a missed call. That way it looks like you just thought she called, okay? Now let’s go! We still have to pick Jenna up and I don’t want her to think I stood her up” he yelled and ran into my room, grabbed my arm and dragged me out. We were walking down the steps and the doorbell rang. I told him to go get it while I went to the bathroom.

“If that’s Jenna, I swear Channing, you’re dead” he said as he ran to answer it. I stared at myself in the mirror. The house was quiet. Caleb probably didn’t realize it but dad hadn’t been home for a week. I’d realized it because dad was my buddy but Mia hadn’t because she’s too full of herself to realize anything. It was like she was brainless these days. Ever since Luke broke up with her for no damn reason, she’s been clingy and annoying. And she hated Avery.

“Dude, it’s your girlfriend!” I hear Caleb call. Avery? I sprint down the stairs and see her smiling at Caleb. He looks dazed. I can understand, she’s a real angel. When she noticed me her smile grew bigger and her eyes looked sorry. I forgave her instantly. Not that I was mad at her in the first place. She quickly took her shoes off and threw herself at me, wrapping her arms around my waist. I dug my face into her hair.

“I need to talk to you” she whispered in my ear. I took her hand and started taking her to my room.

“Yo dude!” Caleb yelled after me. I looked at him and grunted, why did he have to go on this date? They’d break up the day after anyways. Caleb had issues with girls it was a problem for him.

“What’s wrong?” Avery whispered and Caleb looked at her, his smile returning.

“Channing won’t give me a ride”

“Why won’t you give him a ride?”

“Because I was waiting for you”

“Well I’m here”

“Yes I can see that”

“Well give him a ride”

“But”