Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

-----Brody-----

It didn’t take an idiot to figure out that something was going on in my house. I tried to play dumb and pretend that all I cared about was taking out a bunch of hot chicks for a sweet date and then maybe getting lucky in Sammy’s ride, but come on, how stupid could I be? He drove a sleek car with a bench seat, perfect for dates. Don’t tell him that, he’d get pretty mad. When I pulled out of Emma’s driveway the night before I thought to myself, why the hell should I be the only one left out?

I climbed out of the 2011 Chevrolet Impala LT Sammy had spent weeks ordering last year. Yes. In 2010 he ordered a 2011 edition. I have to say, every time someone says technology, I think, “Like!” If our whole life revolved around the internet and technology- although never mind it already does. But what I mean is, whoa. Sorry. I kind of got off track; I’m the kind of guy who never stops talking once you give me the chance.

When I looked around our driveway, I realized that someone else’s car was here. It was a Jeep. I closed my eyes… when was the last time I saw a- Jersey! The last time we saw him everyone thought Avery was cheating- except for me. Avery was the kind of girl that everyone said she was a bitch, but actually she was the sweetest person. She told me how to get girls. And no, she didn’t actually SAY it. She would send me e-mails here and there to chat. I didn’t get why she didn’t talk to people but whatever- it was her deal.  I quickly made my way inside and noticed mom was there making dinner. I really didn’t feel like talking about my day, I wanted to see in Avery’s room… maybe something was happening between the two of them. When I asked Sammy is we were sure about this he said:

“Yeah, man, she said they were old friends” he said smiling and slapping my back. I bet he thought I was jealous. She’s my sister! Okay, Quinton said she wasn’t and she is super hot, but if I can’t call Mom Mrs. Hart than Avery can’t be someone I’ll even consider kissing. But my point was, didn’t he think it was a little shifty? I mean, how old of a trick was it to say, “old friends”. I quickly climbed up the stairs after yelling a quick,

“Hey mom”. I wasn’t far up the stairs before I heard her yelling after me.

“Brody, honey, is that you? My oh my, no one has time for me today!” She called out and I cursed to myself. I ran back down, looking around the wall with only my head.

“Mom, I’m just going to go upstairs and use the bathroom” I lied reluctantly. I didn’t like to lie to her, especially when I got caught. Luckily, this wasn’t one of those times.

“Alrighy-o just hurry back”

“See ya homey” I called at her, winking and running back up.

“Later Gater”. Not cool mom. Not cool. I began creeping down the hallway, trying to listen into Avery’s room. I was actually nervous about it. I mean, what if Jersey and Avery really were a thing? Suddenly I realized that the voices were actually coming out of Quinton’s room. What? Quinton and Jersey? No! That was a stupid idea. But I didn’t realize that they were so tight. I mean sure, Jersey seemed cool, but cool enough to chill in his room? I never got to do that! I crept a little closer towards his door like I was in an action movie. Hey- how cool would it be to be in a real live action movie? Although if it was real life it wouldn’t be a movie… unless it was a true story kind of- SORRY, back to the main topic.