17

Francis sighed as he left his mother's chambers. Though she was low spirits more than she was in good spirits she was glad Francis was kind enough to tell her of Mary's pregnancy. She wasn't forced to stay in her chambers, but she chose to just the same. Every once in a while, she visited Princess Merida and Francis told her she was welcome to come to her first birthday party when the day arrived. It remained to be seen if she would, but the choice was hers. In the few days since his recovery he'd been thinking about their decision to take England. He really hated the idea of starting a war when things were going somewhat smoothly. With the news of Mary's pregnancy, he'd mulled over an idea and decided to bring it up with Mary.

Mary was hoping there was news of Julien soon. She feared Lola would worry too much and it would cause her to lose the baby. Thought she was two months along as well something severe could still affect her health. She went to Lola's chambers to inform her they were hosting another cousin's wedding ball that night. "I will plan on attending if just to support my favorite monarchs." she replied to Mary's invitation. Mary chuckled and hugged her friend. "Listen, I think it will be good for you to do something fun. It's not good for you or your baby to be alone and worrying." Lola nodded as she plopped a few grapes into her mouth. "Besides I'm sure it will bring back plenty a memory of our first time here." Lola gasped then burst into a fit of giggles. "We were quite scandalous, weren't we?" Mary sighed and took a few grapes herself. "I shall see you tonight then." She bid Lola a due and went to take care of five-month-old Merida.

Kenna left three-month-old Alexander to be taken care of with Merida in the nursery while she and Bash attended the wedding ball a few minutes hence. She dressed in a simple, yet lovely green silk gown and let one of her maids fix her hair in a lovely way up top of her head with curls framing her face. Bash complimented on her looks as he changed into a suitable outfit well fit for a Duke. They arrived at the Great Hall not long after Lola had made her appearance in a simple burgundy silk dress that complimented her growing stomach. There was no hiding her special news tonight. Mary and Francis were engaged in conversation with the special couple across the dance floor. Francis was in gold and black and Mary was in a deep shade of blue dress that had a small train. It accentuated her growing stomach and looked perfect against her skin. After taking part in a few refreshments Bash led her to the dance floor and Leith followed with Greer his wife of three months now.

When the music played a slow melody, Francis invited Mary to dance after the newlyweds started it off. Mary noticed a kindly gentleman ask Lola to dance and she accepted him with a smile. She was glad her friend had come seeing that it had helped ease her mind. Soon the merriment was fading, and the couple was escorted to the room they would consummate their marriage in. Mary was glad Francis was only required and not her for she had to visit their little one. Her breast were telling her Merida was surely hungry. When she arrived at the nursery she noticed Alexander was sleeping soundly and she smiled. Kenna must have a special evening planned for Bash.

Kenna saw the newlyweds leave the room, so she figured it was time for their special night. She bid goodnight to Lola who was just leaving and then sought out Bash. She found him talking to Leith and waited till there was a lull in their conversation. Then she took Bash's hand and bidding Greer and Leith goodnight she led Bash out into the hallway. "Is there something wrong?" he asked when they were clear of everyone and close to their chambers. Kenna just answered by placing a tantalizing kiss on his lips. She heard him give a low growl in the back of his throat and then he pulled her against him possessively.

Bash felt his passion for his wife reignite for the first time in the three months of her recovering from their son's birth. He only paused for a few breaths of air before placing more kisses on her waiting lips. He didn't leave time enough for talking. He swept her up in his arms and carried her to their chambers. He set her down and locked their doors. He almost felt her smile behind him. He chuckled silently knowing she most likely planned this, but he didn't care. When he turned around her dress was at her feet and she was starting to pull at her corset strings. He clicked his tongue and took her hands he wrapped them around his neck, so she was looking right at him. He stared deep into her eyes as he worked to undo her corset and toss it aside. Then he rid himself of his outfit in between passionate kisses. He pushed her closer and closer to the bed as he took the pins out of her long tresses and let it fall to her waist.

Kenna was satisfied that her plan was just what they both needed. She waited till she felt herself close to the bed till she lowered her caresses to his hips and then lower. Her exploration resulted in Bash stopping short and emitting a low groan as he pressed an almost suffocating kiss to her lips. Her ministrations made him squirm until he brought both of them down onto the bed. She kept him in that state for a few more tantalizing minutes until he was almost trembling with desire. She had him gripping the sheets only able to kiss her whenever she paused to adjust her touch.

"Kenna my darling..." Bash spoke in between Kenna's most intimate touches. "...I don't know where...this sudden boldness...has come from...but I adjure you...by the saints above...if you continue...I may be undone..." Still she continued until she brought him to the edge and then pulled back at the last second if only to test him. He gave in and with a growl and a twist he drew close and claimed what was his while he ravished her lips and breasts with his hands and lips. Now it was her turn to groan and twist and he smiled. He pulled back and just caressed her intimately eliciting more sighs and shivers. He watched as it was her turn to grip the sheets and squirm. He finally silenced her by a soft kiss and one last claim of her body he pulled her close and they fell asleep.

Mary had just returned from putting Merida to bed and begun to undress when Francis returned. "I was just about to..." she said before he pulled her close and pressed his lips to hers. She was surprised at first but then gave in and ran her hands through his hair. She felt him tug at her corset and she pulled back to look him in the eyes. "Is everything alright?" He gave her a smile and tossed her corset aside then removed his shirt. "Everything is just wonderful." He replied claiming her lips with his again. She realized then that he was just reminding himself and her of how far they'd come since their wedding night. "We'll just have to send you to more weddings if you come home like this." She said as he finished undressing. "Just shut up and kiss me. I've got something in store for you tonight." Mary raised an eyebrow before she was answered by a possessive kiss and an intimate caress. She shivered and pulled him closer wrapping her arms around his neck as he lifted her and placed her on the bed.

Francis rid himself of his remaining clothes and crawled into the bed till he was angled above Mary who was laying on her back her arms above her head and her legs crossed a smirk on her face. Francis just returned her smirk then he ran a hand down her leg and placed a kiss on her stomach. She closed her eyes and she brought her hands to his hair. He caressed her and traced kisses up and down her stomach and chest. He had her submitting to his ministrations and as he slid his hand down her leg again she tensed a little before he found his way to her soft spot. He kissed her sensitive spot between her shoulder and her neck eliciting a sigh. He traced his caress from her lower parts to her rounded stomach. She opened her eyes and bringing his lips to hers she bestowed deep exploring kisses and she pushed him to his side getting the upper hand.

Mary was ready to give Francis a taste of what she could do to him. She took her hand and as she kept him captive with her kisses, she traced a line from his chest to below his naval until she found his hips. Then she slowly moved until she found the spot that as soon as she touched it had him groan and bury his face into her neck. She smiled as she kept going until he gripped the sheets and started twisting. She was on the verge of letting him take over when he reached for her hand and taking it, he rolled till she was on top of him. Her hands were on either side of his head as he pulled her leg till she was straddling him. She positioned herself against him till she found the right spot and he brought himself to her. Her head tilted back, and her mouth opened in a soundless scream as her body adjusted to the feel of him like it always did.

Francis knew she wanted more so he rolled until she was underneath him and being careful of her stomach he entered further till their hips moved in rhythm and as she started to relax he moved till he found her spot and she jerked closer to him before dropping and groaning out his name over and over till her body released her and they rolled away breathless. He just held her till they both fell asleep satisfied in each other's love.