↯ 𝗰𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗯𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗲

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟴

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟴

𝐘/𝐍 𝐅𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐃 her brows as those words left her mother's mouth.

"what do you mean?" she asked.

"i mean, you're staying at nevermore,"

"what?!" y/n exclaimed, the corner of her lips slowly rising.

"i thought about everything this weekend. i was so sure that i was going to take you home with us. but, when i saw you with enid and ajax, i realized.. you weren't lying. you really love it here. and i don't want to take away your first real friends. and possibly your first love," m/n winked.

"mom!" she laughed.

"i can tell you like him, even if you don't know it yet," y/n looked down to hide her blush.

"we're so proud of you, y/n. i'm glad we finally found a place where you can fit in," f/n kissed his daughters head.

"and y/n, i didn't mean anything i said yesterday. you are strong enough to be on your own. i can't wait to see where the future takes you," y/n smiled widely before lunging at her mother, wrapping her in a hug. f/n joined as it turned into a group hug.

"we have to go. we love you, y/n," m/n kissed her daughter's cheek as a single tear rolled down the other.

"i love you guys, too," the two adults smiles at their teenage girl before walking off of the nevermore property.

"y/n? why aren't you leaving with your parents?" enid asked from behind.

"i'm staying!" y/n exclaimed as she turned around.

"O-M-G!" the two hugged as ajax walked up.

"what's going on? why is y/n still here?" he asked, cheeks stained with tears.

"she's staying!" enid exclaimed.

"what? so i cried in front of everyone for nothing?" he joked as the two girls laughed. he joined the hug and the three squeezed each other tightly.

"we need to celebrate! come on!" enid practically dragged the two into jericho.

"first, we get hot chocolate at the weathervane," ajax groaned.

"seriously?" he had bad feelings about this place now, considering what happened last time.

"yes! we'll keep her safe! besides, it's not like she can avoid hot chocolate dates forever," she winked as ajax blushed.

"as long as seems okay with it, i am too," enid turned to y/n with a smile.

"it's fine, i have you guys. i'll be okay," ajax smiled and took her hand.

"let's go then," the three walked in and were greeted by tyler.

"hey, guys,"

"hey," they replied in unison.

"three hot chocolates, please," ajax requested.

"you got it,"

"oo! and extra marshmallows with mine!" enid exclaimed.

"okay..?" the three sat down at a table, ajax sitting beside y/n as enid sat across from them.

"so, you guys dating yet?" enid asked, breaking the silence.

"what?"

"oh, come on. you can't act like you don't like each other. even if it's just a little bit," pink rushes through their faces.

"i-it's not like that," y/n reassured.

"mhm," they were interrupted by tyler.

"here's your drinks and your check. i'll be at the counter when you're ready," enid nodded.

"i'll pay, i'm the one who practically forced you guys here," she insisted.

"fine with me," she rolled her eyes at the gorgon's words before standing up and following tyler to the counter.

"i'm really glad you're staying," ajax randomly said, catching y/n off guard.

"o-oh! me too," she awkwardly smiled.

"okay, you know what? i'm just gonna take the risk," y/n furrowed her h/c brows.

"what?"

"y/n, this might ruin our friendship, but.. would you maybe want to.. go out with me?" he hesitantly asked.

"like.. a date?" he nodded.

"yeah," he clarified as he looked down, scared of her answer.

"yeah, i would love to," his head shot up.

"really?"

"yeah! i think it could be fun," he smiled. before they could say anymore, enid came back and took a seat. this year was really starting to look up.

𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗶 𝘁𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝘄𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝘂𝘆𝘀