↯ 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸𝗲𝗻𝗱

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟲

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟲

𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 the day the adults swarmed nevermore. y/n was really excited to see her parents again. was.

"newbie!" ajax shouted from the other side of the door.

"coming!" y/n opened the door and walked out of her dorm.

"you know you don't really have to call me newbie, i'm not considered the new kid anymore," he nodded.

"i know, but i like it. anyway, you ready?" he smiled as she nodded and took her hand. the two walked out to the quad to see a bunch of parents hugging their kids.

"welp, there's my parents," she pointed over to the two, her father showing off his wings proudly.

"mine are over there, they let xavier join us every year because of.. well.. you know," she nods.

"yeah, i feel bad for him,"

"it sucks. i'm gonna head over there, you'll be okay?" she laughed.

"i think i'll be fine," he smiled and walked away as enid came up.

"hey, y/n,"

"hey, enid,"

"so, where's your family?" she pointed.

"oh, they seem nice," enid smiled weakly.

"they are. where's yours?" enid gestured with her head to the direction of her parents.

"they look.. sweet?" y/n said, more of a question than a compliment.

"my dad is, my mom can be really judge mental," enid said.

"well, if she gets too judge mental, you can always come hang with me and my family," she smiled.

"thanks, y/n,"

"no problem, enid," enid hugged her gently before slowly heading over to her parents. y/n sighed as she watched enid's mother look at her in disapproval immediately.

"y/n!" she turned her head toward her parents who were already smothering her in hugs and kisses.

"ugh, we missed you!"

"missed you guys, too," she smiled softly.

"so.. how's everything been?" her mother asked, not in her usual tone.

"great actually! you were right dad, i made some good friends here," he smiled at his daughter.

"i knew you would, nevermore is a lovely place," y/n nodded.

"it really is,"

"i-i need water," y/n's mother rushed away.

"what's wrong with mom?" y/n asked her father.

"i think it's best if she tells you," he sighed before following m/n.

"m/n.. we can't do this," he rubbed his wife's back as a single tear rolled down her cheek.

"we have to, it's the only option," he sighed but nodded.

"okay," he placed a kiss on her head before heading back to the quad.

𝐘/𝐍 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 with enid and her parents as she sent a wave to ajax, who looked down because of his blush.

enid had been fed up with the way her mother was treating her so she eventually ran off and sat with y/n's family.

"who's that?" m/n asks.

"who?" y/n furrowed her h/c brows.

"the boy you just waved to,"

"oh, that's ajax, my other best friend," m/n weakly smiled. she'd been acting like that the whole day, it was worrying y/n.

"oh.."

"mom, is there something wrong?" she sighed and nodded.

"y/n, we're glad you made friends and you're happy and everything, but.. you're coming home with us,"

"what?!" enid and y/n asked in unison.

"why?" y/n asked, her hands forming into fists.

"you're not safe as long as you're here,"

"who are you to tell me that? it's not like you've been here," enid rubbed her back, attempting to calm her down.

"you think the police aren't going to notify the parents that their child had been kidnapped? you were nearly killed!" m/n exclaimed.

"but i wasn't," y/n fought back.

"we can't take those chances, you're coming home with us, that's final. you have till the end of the weekend to say your goodbyes," y/n slammed her hands on the table as she stood up, running off into the school. enid was quick to stand and begin to follow.

"ajax!" she whisper shouted. he looked up and saw enid motioning him to follow her.

"i'll be right back," he told his family before leaving with enid. the two ran to ophelia hall and burst through the door.

"y/n!" he took her in his arms as he always did when something was wrong.

"what happened?" he asked as he ran his thumb along her arm.

"her parents want her to go home with them. meaning she would leave nevermore,"enid explained.

"what?" she nodded.

"i know, it sucks," he softly kissed y/n's head before turning back to enid.

"we can't let this happen," he said, hinting he had a plan as enid smirked.

"right,"

𝗱𝗿𝗮𝗺𝗮𝗮𝗮𝗮