17) Stalker, Guns & Heroes

Note: Make sure you aren't forgetting or postponing any prayer before reading. Remember prayer always comes first! The chapter will always be here, time for prayer won't.

Enjoy:) 

Chapter Name:  Stalker, Guns and Heroes 

Haya's P.O.V

"Alhamdulliah, the lecture went smoothly and as today was my first day, I must say it was fantastic! " I said to Mariah as we walked out of the lecture hall. 

"Mmmn...yeash the food was delicious too." Mariah said.

Of-course.

I looked towards her with mock disgust. "Next time, speak after your done chewing! " 

"What can I do, I'm multi-talented! " she stated proudly.

"Ha.ha. very funny Mario! Now lets get going before Yousef comes in search if us." I say lightly chuckling.
"Hahah that's right, or you never know it might be Mustafa ." Mariah said still giggling.

Upon hearing his name, I tightly clenched my fist, and squeezed my eyes shut while I read the dua prescribed by Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) to be read at times of anger.

"Yep, in that case let's hurry" I said dreading the possibility of him actually showing up here. I grabbed Mariah's hand and we walked in silence for a while until Mariah decided to break the silence.

"Psss Haya! I think someone's following us. Don't you hear the footsteps?" Mariah whispered. This got me very scared, because yes I knew we were being followed but I didn't want Mariah to freak out, but since she already has figured it out it's probably a good time to do something about the current situation.

"Yes, now take left!" I whisper shouted. To my surprise we did it very smoothly but what we weren't expecting happened as the stalker continued to follow us.

"Hehe...Mariah, he probably has to go to the ..uhh..market " I suggested trying to calm both of us down.

Mostly myself.

"Right! At this hour at night considering the fact he's walking in such an exotic area...speaking of exotic..uh..Haya where are we?" Mariah asked with nothing but uncertainty.

shit.

I looked up and suddenly  felt the adrenal rush. It was so dark, so quite, nothing could be heard except breathing.

Our breathing.

This situation seemed to recall something which I couldn't point, but i knew it was bad and I wasn't ready to accept it. So I did what was best.

I pushed it away.

"Let's cross this road and stand by that ice cream parlor and we'll call Mustafa, because of the looks of it, you don't really know where we are, either." Mariah wisely suggested, but I stopped listening after 'ice cream parlor'  

It's when all the horrendous nightmares  came swirling back. Being the chicken I am, I squeezed my eyes shut in hope to get rid of the torturous reality.

However that didn't help it made me recall the worst which I dread. 

(What a perfect day it was, meant to be for father and daughter. The happiness on dad's face was all there existed until that bell rang, indicating someone's arrival into the ice cream parlor-)

"You okay? !" Mariah asked with direct concern.

I was no where close to okay, but I nodded. Still relieved that Mariah had saved me from facing my nightmare in reality.