15) Spying, Memories &blessings

Read the author's note at the end! Happy reading!(btw listen to that song linked. it's amazing and can relate to this and oncoming chapters! )

Note: Make sure you aren't forgetting or postponing any prayer before reading. Remember prayer always comes first! The chapter will always be here, time for prayer won't.

Chapter Name: Spying, Memories & Blessings 

Mariah's P.O.V

The day at the beach with Haya had been long and extremely tiring. I lay in bed replaying what had happened, its like déjavu.

"(Do things always remain the same, Mario?" Haya asked starring at the beauty of the sunset. I glanced at her and replied. "Yes, they actually do BUT within our hearts, specially the memories, they form a deep dent in our minds."  I looked at her and she was looking down. What she said next was quite hurtful.

"What if you have no memories to recall?"  She asked looking lost. 

I quickly sat up in bed shaking that scene out of my head. Right then I heard a bang at door.

"Come in" I said. 

Mustafa peeped in and smiled. "Mom's calling you, time for foood!" He exclaimed. 

Typical mustafa. 

I knew he wouldn't move from the door frame unless I got up. So I did what was necessary and for the sake of Mustafa's happiness I smiled and entered the kitchen.

After all i'm a good sister. 

Mom paused and smiled while setting the table. "Finally someone remembers they have a mother!" She exclaimed  playfully. I just let that pass and take my place next to the chair which no one ever sat on, or dared to.

In cue, Mustafa and Dad walked in and took their places. We thanked Allah for all the blessings He has granted us and began eating. Like always, dad asked both of us about our day. 

"Alhamdulliah! "We both replied in unison. 

Mustafa aimed a pea at me and stuck out his tongue. Wow Mustafa smooth move. I thought. As I redirected my attention to dad. I could tell he was hiding something because when dad is nervous he uses many  napkins while eating.

 I know, weird but everyone's got their ways.

"Dad, everything okay? " I ask with natural concern.

 Just then mom decides to butt in. Excuse my language.

 "Mariah wipe your mouth! you're like an animal eating." She says disgustedly.

 I shoot Mustafa the she-did-it-again look but it's no use. Mustafa just keeps his gaze lowered with his jaw tightly clenched. If I wasn't in such a situation, I would probably accuse him of showing off his defined jawline.

 I know it's useless to keep shut all the time.

I've done it long enough.

So I  finally muster up the courage and say the most stupidest comeback ever. 

"Yea, one raised by you" I say,  accusingly pointing my fork in her direction. That was enough to get everyone's heads to snap towards me.

I couldn't handle my dad's furious stare so I ran into the basement. The only place that brought tranquility in my heart while I stood staring at the wall filled with frames,  It didn't help with the endless flow of tears but not out of rage, with memories.