[5] Tears Don't Fall

FIVE:

© All Rights Reserved - 2011 S. M. Palmer

{Thursday, October 7, 2010}

WHEN I AWOKE THE NEXT morning, Maci was still asleep beside me. I tried to quietly get out of bed, but Maci wrapped her arms around my waist. "Don't leave me!" she whispered.

I got back under the covers and she opened her eyes. "I heard what you said to me last night. Do you really love me?"

"Yes."

"Really?"

"Yes. I do," I answered.

She smiled at me, got out of bed, and went into Zelda's room.

[Maci's POV:]

Smiling at him, I climbed out of bed and went into Zelda's room. I found her playing with her American Girl. "Good morning, Zelda."

"Good morning, Momma."

She put her doll on her bed and I picked her up. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good."

I kissed her forehead and carried her downstairs with me. My mom was making breakfast in the kitchen. "Good morning, Mom," I replied, setting Zelda down on a bar stool.

"Good morning, sweetie," Mom replied to me.

"Good morning, Grandma!" Zelda screamed.

"Good morning, Zel," Mom answered, sweetly.

Zelda smiled and I walked over to Mom. "Mom, last night Jaden told me he loves me. And then I asked him again this morning, and he said he's sure he loves me. Mom, I don't know what to do. I'm not ready to be another steady relationship with a guy, because the last time I was a sturdy relationship with a guy, I wound up pregnant."

"Honey, I don't know. Just talk with him about it. And maybe he won't be like Jason," Mom answered.

"I don't know."

That's when someone's arms wrapped around me from behind and I smiled at myself. "Are you smiling?" Jaden whispered into my ear.

"Maybe."

He laughed in my ear.

Once Zelda was dropped off at school, we drove to school. We walked into school, when the Smith twins came bouncing up. 'Ugh, I hate the Smith twins! They're so freaking obnoxious! Kat pisses the crap out of me and Farah's just a bitch and so obnoxious!' "Hi, Jaden," Kat purred.

"Yeah, hi, Jaden," Farah purred.

"Farah, I saw him first!" Kat hissed.

"Sorry. But, he can love us both," Farah replied.

"No, he can't! He can only love one of us!" Kat demanded.

"Uh, excuse me, girls, but I already have a girlfriend," Jaden informed, pushing Kat off of him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"You're dating that fucking slut? The one who got pregnant at thirteen, that's disgusting," Kat hissed.

That really just hurt my feelings. "You know what, Kat, I'm not a fucking slut! And, yes, Jason and I did sleep together once. But, Jaden, actually loves me and he adores Zelda. So, you can take back what you just said."

"You're such a fucking whore!" Kat yelled at me. I was ready to throw a punch at her, when Jaden pulled me away. Arriving at my locker, he turned to me. "Baby, calm down."

"Calm down?! How do you expect me to calm down when that bitch just called me a slut because I got pregnant at thirteen."

"Baby, you're not a fucking slut. You're a gorgeous senior whom I love."