Chapter 14

TW// Vomiting.

[Third pov - Wednesday, 7:46pm]

Once he had seen the condition Ranboo was in, Phil immediately grabbed the first aid kit. After greeting and hugging his adoptive sons, Phil had told them to leave Ranboo, Riley and him alone. They obeyed and went to their rooms upstairs.

"Hi, mate." Phil's energy gave the two a warm welcome. Even in the scant light, the gleam in his dark green eyes didn't go unnoticed.

Ranboo tilted his head down, keeping his face blank. Meanwhile, the little sister of his had a grin from ear to ear. Phil passed Riley a bright smile before opening the first aid kit.

"Listen," Phil softened his tone, getting an antiseptic wipe from the kit he held. "You don't have to tell me what happened, okay? Let me clean your wounds at least."

Ranboo glanced at Phil, forced a smile before nodding. Ranboo was definitely uncomfortable, but not nearly as scared as he had been a few hours earlier.

Phil made it clear to Ranboo and his sister that they don't have to do or say anything they aren't comfortable with.  He treated Ranboo's wounds the best way possible.

"Don't worry about anything for now," Phil said, clicking the first aid kit shut. He squashed the used wipes and band aid wrappers into the palm of his hands. "You're safe here, there's enough room for both of you. For today though, I think it's best you sleep in Tommy's room. I haven't cleaned out the extra room yet, I don't want you two to be sneezing all night from the dust. There's a bunk bed in Tom's room you both can share. Is that okay?"

Ranboo concentrated his eyes on Riley, watching her nod and doing the exact same.

Ranboo cleared his throat. "Thank you, Phil," he said. "I- I'm sorry-"

"No, you don't have to be sorry. We're more than happy to have you here."

With that, Phil got up and walked to the kitchen, which was by the front door. The three-storey house was quite large, two living rooms, five bedrooms and a bathroom on each floor.

"Let me know when any of you want to shower," Phil spoke from the kitchen, "I can bring you extra towels and some clean clothes. Also, dinner will be ready soon, hope you both can join us for that."

Although he wasn't exactly being forced to eat with them, Ranboo felt a wire of nervousness trail down his spine after Phil's statement. Ranboo and Riley talked to each other, trying to make themselves comfortable in this new environment. Almost 10 minutes go by when a tall british gentleman walks through the front door, with a guitar bag behind his back.

"Will, hey," Phil greeted, setting some vegetables on the pan into a glass canister. "How was practice?"

Wilbur put his arms on Phil's shoulders before replying, "it was fun but tiring."

The brunette walked into his room which was the only room downstairs. He had placed his guitar bag on the floor gently, before taking off his beige coloured coat and putting it on his bed.

"By the way," Phil brought up as Wilbur walked back out, "Ranboo and his little sister will be staying with us."

"Little sister," Wilbur repeated curiously, spotting them in the living room. "Well, hello, there."

Ranboo defintely looked less anxious than he was earlier, that the emotions he felt were unnoticeable to Wilbur. He put on a fake smile, getting ready to introduce his sister to a friend. Riley's been like a dog with two tails ever since she got into the SBI house.

"What's your name?" Wilbur asked.

"I'm Riley," she introduced, "and you're Wilbur Soot."

"Why, indeed I am. Nice to meet you, Riley." Wilbur faced his friend and greeted, "hey, Ranboo."