Chapter 1

A/N: You need to read the Prolouge to understand the story!

[Ranboo's pov - Monday]

I was on a Discord video call with Tommy today, he was streaming himself playing a horror game while I watched and talked to him. It was about a good 1 hour and 20 minutes into the stream when I heard my dad slam the front door. I zoned out. Hopefully Tommy or his chat didn't hear that slam.

"Ranboo?" Tommy called.

"Sorry, the closet goblin's calling me," I lied. "Gotta go, talk to you soon."

I panned Tommy's stream chat quickly after I left the vc, they didn't think anything about it. I went to Riley's room and made sure her door was locked before going anywhere near the stairs.

"Why the fuck is there no food?" My dad slurred, standing intimidatingly by the staircase.

I could tell he was drunk. Drinking was becoming more of a regular thing he does now, it worries me.

"I'll make some food," I told him politely. "Have some sleep in the meanwhile."

He ignored me and left for his room. I went downstairs and straight to the kitchen, deciding to make fried rice.

I had to buy groceries soon, but I was scared of going out and being recognized. Why would a 17 year old Twitch streamer that lives with his parents be buying groceries by himself?

I added some leftover rice onto the pan along with soy sauce and frozen vegetables under medium heat. I glanced at the clock that read '1:15PM'.

Seeing my little sister enter the kitchen, I said, "Dad's home, why'd you come downstairs?"

"He was snoring like a grizzly in hibernation, I doubt he's going to come downstairs any time soon," she replied, then laughed. "Tommy just ended his stream because he was sick of getting jump-scared."

I chuckled, it was a typical excuse for Tommy to end the stream. I opened the fridge door, light beaming from the inside as I took a container of chives and closed it back. Riley sat on the counter next to the microwave in the dry kitchen.

Half the kitchen consisted of the breakfast table, blender, microwave and toaster that sat on the cabinets --- we call that the dry kitchen. The other half had the sink, stove and water dispenser --- that's the wet kitchen.

The fridge and freezer were in the middle of the whole kitchen. The freezer almost always had alcoholic drinks inside, I was glad that Riley was just out of reach from it.

My phone buzzed, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Can you check who texted me?" I asked Riley because my phone was closer to her.

I heard a click, indicating my phone was unlocked.

Riley answered, "Tommy sent a dm saying 'your camera was on'."