Chapter 9

hi! i'd just like to thank you all for almost 5k reads on this book and almost 400 followers! if you liked this story, i have a ranboo x male oc fanfic idea (it includes tommy and tubbo) that i'm planning on publishing after i'm done with this book :) ANYWAY, ON WITH RLS-

TW// violence, strong language

[Third pov]

Ranboo sprinted to the dining room.

"Hide," he whispered to Riley, then receded to put things back as they were.

She slipped to the living room. It was dark, but the black leather recliner stood out at the back. Next to it was placed a round, wooden table; that was stained of cigarettes burns and had the molten stench of it. Riley hid behind the recliner, hoping her dad wouldn't look for her there.

Randy came downstairs after Ranboo was done.

"The floor is still sticky," he spoke in his deep, slightly slurred voice.

Ranboo answered, saying, "I'll mop it again."

Therefore, he grabbed the mop and filled up the bucket once more.

[Ranboo's pov]

I broke into a sweat. My heart pounded, and my hands began to feel clammy against my trembling knee. Dad was now sitting on the recliner, watching the tv. Inbetween mopping, I started to glance back and forth at Riley, who merely shadowed behind our dad. I felt the need to create a distraction so that Riley could go upstairs. I never intended on her staying there until Dad left.

"Ran, pass me a beer," requested my dad, who's eyes were fixed at the TV.

I shakily made my way to the fridge, seeing various brands of beer bottles.

"Which one?" I spoke loudly to overpower the sound from the TV.

"Guinness," he replied.

I grabbed the glass bottle carefully and walked to my father. I could see Riley peeking out from behind the recliner. Even in the scant light, I could see the gleam in her bright green eyes. The scared look plastered on her face only made me worry for her more.

After handing the bottle to my dad, I turned to my sister and mouthed, "run."

She understood immediately, and sprinted as fast as she could to the stairs. It did not go unnoticed by our dad. He yelled, putting the beer bottle down on the floor. I ran upstairs to Riley before he could even try.

I twisted the doorknob for Riley's room, only to find out the door was locked. I knew my dad was drunk but if he had the strength to cut someone with a glass shard, it wouldn't take him long to run up a single flight of stairs.

"IT'S ME," I shouted.

Riley opened the door, I came in and locked it after. We're safe...for now, at least. Our dad pounded on the door and fiddled with the doorknob so hard that I was sure he could break it.

"WAS WHAT I SAID THE OTHER DAY ABOUT THAT THING NOT CLEAR?"

That thing

I scoffed. "SHE'S NOT A THING, YOU DRUNK LOSER."

"THE FUCK DID YOU SAY TO ME?!"

son of a bitch

such disrespect for your father

"He was never my father," I thought to myself. "I've had enough."

"Rye," I called, crouching to my younger sister while putting my hand on her shoulder. "If he breaks the door or uses a key, where ever it is, run. Okay? You know how to get to the park-"

"If you think I'm leaving you here, you're stupid."

"Only when he unlocks this door," I clarified and looked at his shadow underneath the door. "It's for your safety."

"THE NEXT TIME I SEE YOU, YOU'RE BOTH DEAD."

Riley slightly raised her voice, but not to Dad's extent. "What about your safety?!"

"Look," I sighed and muttered, "it's either you or me. And I swear, if anything happens to you, I will never forgive myself."

Silence filled the air for a matter of seconds before we heard our dad's footsteps departing. We looked at the door then back at each other.

"Can you stay in my room?" Riley asked in a small voice.

I passed a soft smile and nodded. "If you think I was leaving you here, you're stupid."

"THE NEXT TIME I SEE YOU, YOU'RE BOTH DEAD."