Chapter 4

Awaking he looks down and sees a mass of light brown/blonde hair and the most angelic face. She's cuddled next to him her head resting in the crook of his arm. Her eyes are still closed hiding one of her most arresting features, her blue eyes.

Suddenly he's brought back to last night, and what a night it was. What started as a simple conversation in front of the fire, lead to a heated kiss. A kiss turned into him biting her neck to lead her to his bedroom where he slowly undressed her turning it into a passionate interlude.

From the moment their bodies connected to the moment when he felt his release inside her, he felt like it was an out-of-body experience. Her soft breathy moans were like a symphony playing the perfect love song. The feeling of her muscles around him, milking him feeling as if she was trying to pull him deeper into her. One time wasn't going to be enough, couldn't be enough. He needed to feel the closeness he felt. Show her how beautiful it could be when a man and woman made love. They made love a couple more times before falling asleep in each other's arms. 

Now he wants to wake her up and make love to her again before the boys woke up. He doesn't want the challenge of trying to explain to his young sons why their nanny is naked in their father's bed. Yet nature called first before he could get his fill of her.

Slowly he exits the bed and goes to the bathroom. Before getting into the bed he sees the sunlight hitting her features giving her the glow of an angel. He could stare at her like this forever, why does she have to be so perfect?

He gets into bed and begins to wake up his angel. Kissing those pouty soft lips, he causes her to stir from her sleep. Only for the eyes as blue as the sky to flutter open allowing him to see the windows to her beautiful soul.

"Good morning," he says smiling.

She blushes as she feels a part of his anatomy she became acquainted with last night. Before last night she had never been with a man, a fact he knew. He was her first and plans to be her only.

"Good morning Your Highness... "

"Your Highness! Your Highness! Your Highness!"

"What!?" Charles yells being awakened out of his sleep.

"I'm sorry Your Highness, but you instructed me to wake you at exactly six am," the butler says.

Charles looks over at his clock that currently reads six o' one. Blast his butler's promptness as he wanted to finish the dream.

For the past two months, Charles has been impressed with the progress Diana has made so far with his sons. William and Harry seem to like her as William has yet to dump his dinner on her. When he talks to them at night before tucking them in; they talk excitedly about what Diana has taught them. All the fun they have with her.

However, with Diana around, she has become a distraction for him, but in a good way. At least he knows he still has a pulse and isn't a zombie going through the motions of the day-to-day.

When he has a moment to visit with his sons, he can't help but follow her with his eyes. He's noticed she has a beautiful smile that is bright like sunshine. Those bewitching blue eyes, he could stare into them forever. Then there are her lips, those pouty full lips he wonders if they are as soft as they look. One day he would get the nerve to find out.

Now she's starting to invade his thoughts and dreams. Lately, his dreams about Diana have become frequent. Some have been innocent to completely X-rated.
Is it possible this young woman has cast a spell on him just by simply looking at him?

Charles gets out of bed and begins to get ready for his day. He has two back-to-back engagements today meaning he won't be home until late. It will also give him the chance to not have to be near the woman who has his mind in a chokehold.

His first engagement starts at eight am sharp meaning he wouldn't be able to say good morning to his sons as they will still be asleep. William and Harry are usually awake around eight, and Diana isn't expected until seven-thirty.

Fully dressed and finished his breakfast, Charles is ready to head out the door to go to his first engagement opening the new wing in a hospital named in honor of his grandfather. Just as he opens the door Diana is on the other side.

Startled, Diana rests her hand on her chest as she waits for her heart to slow down.

"I'm so sorry, good morning Your Highness," Diana says.

"Good morning Diana, sorry I didn't mean to scare you,"

"It's ok, I should've been paying attention."

"You're here a little early aren't you?" Charles asks confused. He swore he would be gone by the time she arrived.

"No sir, it's..." Diana looks at her watch, "seven-thirty."

Charles looks at his watch and it is seven-thirty on the nose.

"Oh, I was so busy this morning that I lost track of time. I must be on my way. Have a good day," Charles says before heading out to the waiting car.

By the time he arrives home, he is exhausted. The only thing he needs right now is a hot bath and his bed. Before he heads to bed he goes and checks on William and Harry who are asleep. He hated days like this when he is kept from his boys. More than anything he wishes he could spend more time with them, but the crown comes first.

A line he has heard all his life and honestly didn't agree with. This same line had him and his siblings growing up with different nannies and governesses. Then it was off to boarding school. The one thing he said he would do was to try to be more present in his children's lives. Whether you are next in line or on the throne, your time is always taken.

After his bath he settled into bed, surrounded by quietness. Starting at the ceiling his mind begins to drift from his work to his sons, and his beloved wife. Next week would have been their sixth wedding anniversary.

He never thought at the age of thirty he would be burying his wife. That terrible accident forever changed his and his son's lives. Many times he wondered if was there anything he could have done to have stopped it. But how could he have stopped a drunk from getting behind the wheel and driving recklessly? 

Charles takes a deep breath as he tries to calm down. There's no point in getting angry anymore. Nothing will bring Margaret back.

With a sigh, he reaches over and turns the lamp off. Hopefully tonight he can get a good night's sleep.