Chapter 6-Sunday

Vincent Pov

I wake up and see it's only 5 am, I groan and think thanks to the military that I don't sleep long. Well I decide that I'll just go jogging, but first I have to try to get this beautiful woman off me without waking her up. I get distracted by her sweet smell and how her mouth is a bit open while sleeping. Sweet. I gently roll her onto the other side and she immediately hugs the pillow. I quickly change in the bathroom and write a note for Scarlett. I quietly leave the room and realize that I'm the only one awake. I grab my wallet and keys and head outside.

I warm up and start jogging around the neighborhood enjoying the quiet and peaceful silence . Luckily the neighborhood is more private and you can go jogging without hesitation. When I'm done with my round, I walk to my favorite café. I open the door and am immediately greeted by the heavenly scent of coffee. "Good morning Vincent" Rita greets me and I answer with a grin "Good morning Rita. Nice to see you" she smiles at me. I ask "Rita would you be an angel and would you give me a coffee and one of your bagels" "Of course Vincent. Have a seat and I'll be right there" says Rita and I nod. Rita is the owner of this lovely cafe. She is 54 years old and all of her family work here. The cafe brings me so much comfort personally and I always have this warm feeling when I'm here. Rita comes to me at the table with my seating and she has also brought a coffee for herself. We talk about everything possible and keep each other up to date about our lives. "Rita, it was nice to spend time with you again, but now I have to go" I say and she scold me"You can come more often. Mister." we both laugh and hug goodbye. "I will Rita" and with that I'm on my way back.

In the meantime
Scarlett Pov

The sun shines through the window and the brightness wakes me up. "Orrrr why is it so bright" I get annoyed and cover my eyes, but frowning as Vincent is no longer next to me, I tear my eyes open immediately. Where is he but before my thoughts start spinning in circles I notice a note on the bedside table.

Good Morning Scarlett
I went jogging and when you're awake you can help yourself to my closet. ;)

Dork.
I'm smiling to myself and my heart is racing just thinking about Vincent. I get up and look for a sweater in his closet, but I see the sweater he was wearing yesterday on the chair and I decide to put it on. I am immediately enveloped by his wonderful scent. Oh god I love this scent so much.

"Good morning Lizzi" I say as I enter the kitchen "Oh good morning Scar didn't think you'd be up at 7 am" she replies and I had to laugh. I say " believe me that's not how I imagined my Sunday morning to be, but the sun had other plans" and we both laugh while Elizabeth asks me " do you want to help me make breakfast" I agree and start to make pancakes . Lizzi, on the other hand, is making a large pot of coffee and can't resist me "Do you want to supply an army with the coffee" I ask amused and she says giggling "No no, but a certain team which is unbearable without coffee". "Hey, we're not that bad either," Franky and Paul complain, and Lizzi and I stand there in shock. My best friend catches herself "Jesus do you want us to have a heart attack and 2. you guys are in  bad mood if you don't have coffee, especially Vincent and 3. Good morning to you too" she rattles off and the two giggle while Lindsey asks "where is Vincent anyway". Everyone shrugs their shoulders and I consider whether I should tell them that he is jogging or not, because how am I supposed to explain to them how I know that. "I can see I'm missed. And good morning guys" says Vincent as he walks down the hall to the kitchen and I immediately had to grin. He looks damn hot when he's sweating. I look him up and down and when our eyes meet all I see is his smirking. I quickly look away and feel the warmth shoot up my cheeks. "Vincent where were you so early" asks Franky and he replies "I went jogging, but something else where is my Princessa". The way he takes care of my daughter is just too cute. "Rosie should still be asleep" I say to him and we stare at each other for a moment until "Ah okay then I'll wake her up if it's okay for you Scarlett" he asks and smiles at me to which I can only agree.He walks out of the kitchen and makes his way while Lindsey and Paul set the table. Shortly after we were finished, the two of them came to us. "Good morning" Rose mumbles sleepily as she snuggles up to Vincent. We say hello and Lizzi says "Let's go people, breakfast is waiting" "Hell yeah" Timmy replies euphorically and we all had to laugh. Vincent carries Rose to the table and is about to put her down but she is holding onto him tightly and he is sitting down with my daughter on his lap. I raise an eyebrow and ask "And how do you want to eat when you have Rose on your lap" he looks at me with a grin "It's good that I just want to drink a coffee because I've already had breakfast" he answers me. "How did you have breakfast?" asks Franky. "I was at my favorite cafe on the way back," says the team captain and shrugs his shoulders. Timmy interrupts impatiently "It's all well and good and we've settled everything now, so let's eat" "Let's not the poor Timmy starve" announces Lizzi laughing. We eat and talk about all sorts of things. Vincent sips his coffee and asks "Lizzi What are your plans for next week" and she looks at him and thinks for a moment until she replies "Well I would say you and Timmy have been here from Monday to Friday and come with me on the set while Franky, Paul and Lindsey only need to come at the weekend". "Hey and when am I free" Vincent whined and I had to grin at his behavior while Lizzi shook her head "Well first of all you are my bodyguard and secondly Franky can spend time with his family and Lindsey and Paul can go on a few dates and much more to get" she teases the team. He groans and I look at Lindsey in surprise. "What does that mean?" I ask and they both giggle, but my daughter interrupts us "Mommy, they both love each other" she tells me as I look at her in shock. "And how does my smart girl know about it" I turn to my daughter and she replies laughing "Silly Mommy they are both cuddling and holding hands". Lindsey and Paul blush and I poke Rose's nose making her giggle. Timmy intervenes "Okay, so Captain and I will hold the fort and what time do we have to get up tomorrow" asks the youngest of the group and my best friend says "we have to be on the set at 10, so we'll bring rose to school first and then to the set and later we'll pick her up again" I quickly reply "I can take rose to school by myself" but Vincent says "Out of the question you are under the protection of me and my team now" and we stare into each other's eyes. The others agree with him and I admit defeat. Paul says "Lindsey and I will go on the way after breakfast" "Me too, my wife will be happy" agrees Franky and Timmy turns to Vincent "And what do we do" he asks and Vincent replies "Well, I don't  know what you're doing but I'm going to build the garden shed for Elizabeth today. You can help me if you want" whereupon he quickly shakes his head. "I thought so" Vincent whispers amused and Rose happily calls out "I want to help you" and Vincent gives his attention to my daughter "You will be my right hand" he decides and they both have huge grins on their faces and I also had to grin until Lizzi me and says "And we're going to do a movie day" and I ask "Do I have any other choice" to which she just shakes her head which makes everyone laugh. The plans are set and the day can start.