Chapter 5-Decorations

Vincent Pov

I wake up at 3am because I hear someone crying. I get up carefully so as not to wake up the little one in my arms, which I manage to do after a few attempts. Phew lucky.

I walk down the hall to see who is crying and my destination leads me to Scarlett's room. "Hey Scarlett, it's Vincent" I say through the door after I knocked softly but there was no answer so I open the door and look inside. Scarlett is curled up in her bed, clutching a sweater. Hold on, that's my sweater!?

I slowly walk towards her bed and put my hand on her cheek but she flinches and moves away in shock. "Hey all it's right, it's Vincent" I assure her and then she looks at me with her red and swollen eyes "Vin... Cen... T" she stutters and falls into my arms. I hug her tighter and lie down in bed with her, whispering words of encouragement to her and that she is not alone.

She doesn't say anything but after a while she looks up at me and says shyly "thank you" but her voice breaks off at the end which makes me think that she must have gotten a dry throat from crying. "You don't have to thank me and whoever you want to talk to, I'm there for you. I'm also there for you if you just need someone to cuddle with, but I'll go get you some water first," I say to the green-eyed one as I do try to get up but scarlett lets me not go "please don't go" she begs me. I nod and just pick her up which surprise her but then relax and she clings to me like a koala. We walk to the kitchen and I set her down on the kitchen island. I touch her cheek and look deep into her eyes. "Would you like ice?" I ask Scarlett and she nods. So I make her glass of water and get an ice cream from the freezer and suddenly I hear the actress laughing "That's what you meant by ice. I thought you meant ice in the water" she bursts out laughing. I look at her in amusement and reply "I thought you might want to watch a movie while eating ice cream" with a shy smile and see her cheeks blush "Yes thank you Vincent" she says in such a heavenly voice. I stagger and take her back to her room and there I turn on her TV and was about to leave when she grabs my sleeve. "Can you stay here. Please?" she asks innocently and I just nod as I lay in her bed too. We watch the movie in comfortable silence and i stroke her arm and back because scarlett lay on top of me not focusing on the movie at all. " Scarlett the movie play there " I tell her amused and she become red in the face a dark red " Emm I know but you are so comfy" she tell shyly and I hug her tighter even it's impossible. We giggle and look into each other's eyes and she lean in and so i am. My heart beats so fast at how close we are. Scarlett and I are only inches apart and I can feel her breath on me. * Ring ring * We both startle and blush. Scarlett looks at her cell phone and shows me the display and says "wake up time" with a smile I get up and say "Okay I'd say we'll get ready and meet up with the others downstairs" she nods and I did just walk to the door as the pretty mother hugs me and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

Scarlett pov

Oh my God. We almost kissed. He wanted it too. God what should I do and then I kiss him on the cheek. It couldn't be more embarrassing. He's just too cute and yet so hot. hold on  scarlett ingrid johannson pull yourself together. Now first naughty and then also finish my daughter although it is just 7 am. Why does it have to be so early. Argg.

Rose wasn't thrilled when I woke her up as she had asked for Vincent immediately, but after a few persuasions I managed to get both of us ready and go down to the living room where everyone is already there except Lizzi. "Good morning" I say to the group and get a uniform good morning back, you can tell that this is a team. My daughter looks around excitedly and then discovers Vincent sitting on the couch and jumps into his arms "Good morning Vincent" mumbles Rose into his neck and he strokes her head and says "Good morning to you too Princessa did you sleep well" and Rose nods and asks "But where did you go" and Vincent looks at her. This look he has on it just to melt away. His blue eyes look to me and then back to my daughter. "I was awake before you did and didn't want to wake you up. I still had to get the transporter," he tells her and when the hell could he find the time to get a transporter. Rose seems happy with the answer, preferring to paint with Vincent. I watch them both paint and Vincent types on the space next to him. I sit down next to him and my heart is racing. "is Everything's fine" the hot bodyguard whispers to me and I reply "Yes thank you" and of course he falters. Typical. Hotti