Jet! Dreammare (Christmas Special)

Requested by AmeilaAfton. I went for an Empire- like theme with mythical creatures. I hope you enjoy! Also, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
_________________________________________

Everywhere was fire where Dream looked. The flames devouring the village he was sworn to protect til his last breath.

" You can't protect everyone you love, Dream! Just give up your SOUL!"

He turned around to his right, seeing Nightmare on an obsidian black dragon with menacing blue eyes. The dragon was 3x larger than a normal dragon.

" If I can't protect them,"

A golden dragon with light golden eyes  flew out of nowhere, landing behind Dream

" then I can atleast attempt to avenge them!"

He climbed on his golden dragon, the powerful beast helping him to get on its back.

___

" Store his dragon."

He whispered to his dragon, earning a growl so quiet that only he heard it, as if the winged beast understood.

" Then let the war commence, old friend!"

His voice boomed through the entire battleground, alerting Ink and Blue whom were saving the villagers.

" DR-"
" GET THEM TO SAFETY!"
" BUT-"
" NOW!"

Their dragons didn't need to be ordered twice, scooping the villagers up with their talons and muzzles before taking off into the air.

...

Flames as hot as the sun headed his way, eager to hit its target, only for his dragon to shoot up into the sky at the last second.

" Heh, you're outnumbered."

Error, Horror, Dust, Cross and Killer arose from their positions on their dragons.

" Not if we can assist him."

Lust, Outer, Warrior, Geno and Wine were right behind him on their dragons, ready to help Dream in battle.

That's what he wanted.

x-x-x

The battle between the two sides began, fire and talons clashing against scales could be heard.

Dream's dragon was more injured than he hoped. The golden scales tinted with crimson and scars littered the enormous beast. The claw marks were deep and it would take months to heal.

" Bron- ack!"

A black tendril wrapped around his form, his head being the only thing free of the tar-like appendage.

" You lose, Dream."

Nightmare was on the ground, holding Dream in his tendril while Nightmare's drag-

The obsidian black dragon opened its jaws and clamped them around his dragon's head.

His dragon tried to fight back, being weak. Having a wyvern-like dragon was overpowered!- But when injured, it was as good as dead. An easy kill for other dragons.