Dragon! Dreammare

I wanted to do this since the beginning of this book. This is inspired by SketchSanss art. Go check them out! They are an amazing artist and go support them! And this is a platonic relationship! Anyways, enjoy~
_________________________________________

A golden blur flew through the forest, its small form easily cutting through the dense trees. Below it, a dark dragon followed in suit, four tails behind it as it kept its eyelight on the golden blur.

--x--

Dream panted, zooming through the forest with Nightmare hot on his tail. Maybe he should have listened to Ink and Blue. And where did that land him? It landed him into trouble.

Dream looked behind him, not realizing that he was heading straight to a tree before it was too late.With a loud thump, he hit the tree and black out, falling backwards and landing on a branch that was large enough to hide him from Nightmare.

-x-

" Where did that piece of shit go?!" Nightmare mumbled, single eyelight searching the trees for any golden wings." Damnit!" He was about to turn around, when a familiar golden liquid landed before him. He grinned and looked up, seeing the tip of a golden tail covered in that same golden liquid.

He walked up the the tree and climbed it, claws digging in the bark like a sharp knife slicing an apple. He couldn't wait to- his face slightly twitched in confusion when the tail didn't move after he grabbed it.

Something swarmed in his ribcage, telling him to see if Dream was okay. It was... unusual for him to have such a feeling in his ribcage. He recognized it as an instinct, an instinct he hadn't felt since the last time he saw Dream, which was 500+ years ago. Slowly he climbed on to the branch and saw his baby brother unconscious and bleeding.

" Ugh! Curse my brother instincts!" He yelled, frustration evident on his skull." If the gang saw me carry Dream, they'd immediately assume that he is my child. But, if I-" The golden dragon shifted, golden eyelights opening to only sharpen when they landed on Nightmare's larger and slim wingless form.

Immediately, Dream took off and left Nightmare there all alone on the branch." Damnit!"

--x--

It had been a few days after that little interaction between Nightmare and Dream. Dream not having been seen or found by Nightmare. It frustrated Nightmare but, he didn't give up, his instincts rejected the mere thought of giving up.

Dream walked on the forest floor, golden eyelights watching every single movement. He was scared out of his mind." Well, well, well~ Look what we have here~" Dream turned around, greeted by non other than his bullie: Isaac." Looks like little Dream here wants to get hid usual punishment." Dream whimpered, fear radiated from his small form which attracted his brother.

-x-

Isaac grinned, ready to land another blow onto the small skeleton." Any last words?" Dream closed his sockets- ready to get hit." Yes, actually. DON'T TOUCH MY BROTHER!" That voice... Dream looked up, only to see Isaac on the ground and covered in his blood. Next to him stood Nightmare, covered by Isaac's blood and his eyelight glared at the corpse with hate." N-n-" The fear Dream felt wasn't like anything he has ever felt. He felt small and vulnerable, fear grasping him like a toddler grabbing a piece of candy.