10: She's Back

Sorry for the wait. I've been really busy with school and work and haven't properly found time to write. Also, I have writers block so please bear with me.

When I went to school the next day, I felt like I was hallucinating. I don't know what was wrong with me, but I kept seeing Amber around school.

They say curiosity killed the cat, but my mind wouldn't leave me alone about it.

When I saw her again, it was like my body had a mind of it's own, because suddenly I was walking towards her and tapping on her shoulder.

I least I know that this person looks like Amber and I'm not hallucinating.

When she turned around, I felt my breath hitch, and my heart speed up.

She's dead. There's not way she's here right now.

My mind was going a hundred miles a second as I stared into the same beautiful green eyes I've gotten used to over the past 6 months.

It looked just like her.

I was suddenly snapped out of my stunned silence by the voice that I've been longing to hear for 6 months now.

"Eli, is that you," she asked. All I could do was nod my head and stare at her.

She looked a little different. She was still the beautiful girl that I fell in love with, but there was something about her eyes that were different, although I couldn't tell what.

She suddenly hugged me. It took me a moment to hug her back.

I wrapped my arms around her, and the next thing I know, tears are running down my cheeks.

Before I knew it, her lips were crashing onto mine. I kissed her back after a moment of surprise.

God, I missed her so much. She's going to love Elinor.

She pulled away shortly after and then asked, "what happened to the baby? Please tell me she wasn't adopted like my father wanted."

I looked down at her and gave her a reassuring smile. I kissed her cheek and said, "nope. I've got her. My brothers have been helping me take care of her while I'm at school."

Her eyes lit up.
"A girl?" She asked.

"Yep. I named her Elinor Jane Sterling. I know you wanted to name her Elinor," I said.

She opened her mouth to speak, until the bell rang for class to start.

"Here. I'll give you my number. You can come and see her if you want to. You are her mother after all." I said.

She nodded and then walked off to her class. As I watched her disappear down the hall, there was one question that was eating at me.

If she's been alive this whole time, why hasn't she tried to see Elinor? She is her mother after all. And she was pretty distraught with the idea that she was going to be put up for adoption.

I hope you guys like this chapter. I'm sorry it's short and took so long to get it out. Now that Amber is back, do you think she's going to help Elias with Elinor?