9: Long Days and Cuddles

After the girl Jessica ran off, there was a line of girls at our table.

I'm so tired of this day, and it's only lunch time. I just want to go back home and cuddle Elinor.

Lucian was enjoying the attention he was receiving from the girls.

Meanwhile, I am not.

This girl who has been clinging onto me for the past 5 minutes won't get the hint. She keeps talking to me while I'm zoned out.

"So... what do you say we do something fun tonight? Just me and you." She purred, as she caressed my arm.

I shuddered. Her perfectly manicured fingers did not stop their movements.

"Actually I can't. Busy." I said, trying to sound uninterested.

"With what? Maybe I can help you then we can have some fun." She giggled and winked at me.

Finally having enough I said, "I'm busy with taking care of my daughter."

She looked at me as if I was a ghost.

Her movements on my arm stopped, making me sigh in relief.

"You... have a kid???? Aren't you only 17?" She asked me with clear judgment in her tone.

It wouldn't be the first time someone has judged me for being a young parent.

"Yeah. Do you have a problem with that?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Lucian observing me. He was making sure I wasn't being harmed while also letting me handle my own situations. I appreciated that. It meant that he cared.

I looked over at him and saw the amusement swimming in his eyes at the situation. Not at me, but rather at the girl who's still clinging to me even though I just told her I had a daughter.

"We'll that's okay. I like kids. I'm sure we'll get along great. What's her name? How old is she?" She rambled on.

I groaned internally. Before I could reply, Lucian, being his protective self, spoke up, "That's none of your business. My brother doesn't want to date a piece of plastic. Go find someone else to bother. All of you!"

The girls all looked frightened as he slightly raised his voice at the end and ran off. Finally, the lunch bell rang.

Thank god.

___

As we arrived home after school, I rushed inside to find Elinor. Not because I didn't trust my brothers with her, but because I missed her.

When I got inside, Hendrix and Elinor were on the couch. Elinor on his chest while they were both sleeping. Enzo sat next to them also asleep.

Lucian came in behind me, chuckled, and then took out his phone and took a picture.

"Send that to me." I muttered to him. He nodded.

I quietly walked over to the couch where Hendrix and Elinor were sleeping and gently grabbed Elinor off of Hendrix's chest. He jolted awake.

"Jesus. You scared the shit out of me." He said, breathing hard.

"Sorry. I just missed her a lot today and couldn't resist." I said as I smiled down at a sleeping Elinor in my arms.

"That's alright." He said.

"Alright, well I'm going to take Elinor upstairs." I said as I started going up to the stairs towards my room.

Once I got there, I set Elinor on my bed and got in next to her. I pulled her close to me. She nuzzled her cheek into my chest and let out a cute little content sigh.

She knew it was me even though she was asleep. That made my heart swell in my chest. The fact that this tiny human whom I helped create loves me is crazy. We've been through hell together.

I cuddled her closer to me. I sighed in content as well. It's been a long day. I've been waiting for this.

Elinor cuddles are the only cuddles I accept.