Chapter 16

"Alright, Finnley?"

"Alright, Rosie. Where are you headed off to today?" Finn beamed as he entered the kitchen.

Aviva twisted in her seat to face him fully, elbows resting on the counter behind her in a lax posture. "You've got secret places I don't know about?"

He winked as he finished filling up his water bottle. "Wouldn't be much of a secret if I told you now, would it?"

"What kind of friend are you?" Aviva held a hand to her chest in faux offense.

Finn took a swig from his bottle. He walked out of the kitchen, arms outstretched with his back facing the doors so he could still look her in the eyes. "The best kind, but you've got an audience, and I don't think I feel like sharing such precious Finn-tel with the whole world." He finally turned his back to her, opening the door to head outside with a wave of his hand. "Come find me later, Rosie, and I'll tell you whatever you want to know."

"That was incredibly cheesy, but I'll hold you to it!" Aviva shouted as Finn retreated into the sunshine. She spun around on her stool, a wide grin still fixed on her face. Her smile immediately fell when she heard Suresh grumbling from the other side of the counter. It was mid-afternoon, and a few of them had gathered in the kitchen to grab a bite to eat.

"Rosie. Rosie. What the fuck even is that?" Suresh muttered irritably.

Eddie chuckled between a bite of his food. "I bet it's something daft like, 'you're my Rose of Tralee' or something like that."

Aviva's eyes fell to her empty plate, cheeks flaring under her housemates' scrutiny.

"It is, isn't it!?" Eddie laughed, slamming a fist on the counter.

Aviva moved to stand, carrying her plate to the dishwasher. "It means more than that..."

She cherished the nickname Finn had given her. It was a bit cheeky and a bit honest, just like he was. It was special and unique, only reserved for her because he'd understood the inner depths of her soul so much more than she did.

"That is such a line! Do you know how many Irish lads have used it? Heard it all the time in school; I'm surprised the girls didn't wise up faster." Eddie continued.

"Eddie, why are you even talking? Like, literally no one asked for your opinion, so just leave it. I like it, and that's all that matters, alright?" Aviva reprimanded as she slammed the dishwasher closed.

Suresh groaned, spinning around and heading outside before he could withstand any more of Aviva's defense.

Eddie raised his brows, hands up in apology. "Alright, alright. Just want you to be careful with that one, is all."

Aviva rolled her eyes, gaze falling on her phone as it lit up with a notification. "Got a text!" She called into the void of the villa. Somehow, the islanders all assembled in the kitchen as she read it out.

Islanders, when the carousel starts to turn, what juicy secrets will we learn? Gather round; it's time for Excess Baggage! #SpinsAndSins #GetTheGoss

"Ooh, this is making me nervous." Dana shuddered in her spot.

"Could make for a messy departure." Alfie joked. Meera made it a point to catch his attention with a smile when no one laughed.

"Well, I ain't got nothing to hide, so bring it on." Kat said as she began walking to the challenge area.

The islanders followed suit, but Aviva stayed behind, fiddling with the curls at her back. Finn turned around when he noticed she wasn't amongst the group. "What's that face for, Rosie?"