Chapter 5

**Author's note: Allium flowers symbolize humility, strength, and prosperity.**

Warm sunbeams shined through the open windows. Rustling bed sheets and raucous laughter sounded throughout the room. Aviva stirred in the still empty bed, groaning contentedly, and burying her face deeper into the soft pillow. She was blessed with a dreamless sleep that night, one that left her mind refreshed and body rejuvenated. Blinking one eye open, she realized she had fallen asleep facing Finn's bed.

He had pulled his bedraggled mane into a loose man bun atop his head. A foamy toothbrush dangled from his mouth as he engaged in morning bants with Eddie and Alfie. Today was the day he'd choose a partner, and she wondered what he thought about her. They'd had a few moments, equal parts flirty and friendly, and Aviva would be the first to agree that he was a marvelous sight to behold. Coupling with him might not be as terrible as she originally thought. But with Alfie trying to get in her good graces and Suresh being...well, Suresh, she didn't know if anyone else would be interested in joining her orbit or if she could even handle it.

Aviva forced her body upright and gently rubbed the sleep from her eyes before turning her attention to the rest of the group. Dana and Eddie were still cuddled up in bed, as were Kat and Alfie. They were in a stalemate argument about who spooned best. Finn had gone to the bathroom to finish his morning routine and just returned to boisterously defend his position.

"Don't let the hard layers fool you. These arms live to hold. You'll never get a better night's sleep." He exaggeratedly flexed his muscles.

"I dunno, Finn, Eddie's quite toasty." Dana challenged, curling herself deeper into Eddie's embrace.

"I'll prove it; I just need an unbiased opinion!" Finn twisted to meet Aviva's eyes. "Aviva!"

"No." She said flatly.

"Come ooon," He fell back onto his bed, throwing his arms out to the sides, "let's show them how it's done!"

"We're not spooning, Finn." She said, laughter catching on the end of her words.

"Let me spoon you, Aviva." He wiggled his fingers in her direction. "We won't even have to fork."

She couldn't help but smile at the sheer ridiculousness of the situation.

"No!" She amusedly contended.

"Please?" Finn's lower lip pushed forward. Her heart clenched under his forlorn gaze. She was shocked to discover how extremely proficient this 6-foot-4 mountain of a man was at guilt-tripping. How could she say no to that face?

"Oh, fine." She relented with a roll of her eyes.

"Top girl! Get over here!"

Swinging her legs over the edge of the bed, Aviva begrudgingly dragged her feet to his open arms. "Move over."

Finn grabbed her hand and pulled her toward him, immediately enveloping her with his warmth as she fell into his body. He entwined his legs with hers and pressed her even further into his chest, nestling his head in the crook of her neck. Aviva had gotten so used to lying in bed alone that she'd almost forgotten what it felt like to be held so safely.

"Best cuddle ever?" Finn's soft words stirred the curls along her ear.

She let herself relax into him, reveling in the feeling of his steady heartbeat and solid chest against her back. "Hmmm...I've had better."

"Liar." Finn hugged her tighter.

"What's the verdict, then, Aviva?" Eddie called from his side of the room.

It was actually good. So good, she didn't want to leave. Despite the hard planes of muscle, the way his arms wrapped securely around her made his body feel like the coziest home.