Chapter 15

A new day had dawned, and a good night's rest, along with her heart-to-heart with Finn, proved to be the exact remedy Aviva needed to feel back to her normal self. Shortly after breakfast, Meera shared the contents of her text, revealing the next challenge.

The islanders sat on the challenge stage, clutching markers and blank whiteboards in their hands.

"I hope these aren't too harsh." Meera said, straightening the pile of cards in front of her.

Arlo picked up one of the cards. "I say the meaner, the better, and I bet you're all dying to know what's been going on when you're not looking."

Mean Tweets seemed to be a popular challenge, though Aviva wasn't all too thrilled about it. After all, who really enjoys hearing other people's unsolicited opinions about them? Not only that, but she also worried she might learn something she really rather not know.

Arlo and Meera were leading the game, tallying points next to each islander's name as they guessed correctly.

Meera read off the first tweet, "'Blank, she's just not that into you. Actually, I don't think anyone is.' Aw, this one is terrible!"

"Um, that's the point babes." Kat interjected as she wrote her guess on the board.

"Oof, obviously it's about one of you lot." Arlo pointed at the boys and Dana.

Everyone flipped their boards over. Most people guessed Suresh – Aviva included – much to the boy's dismay. Though he wound up taking the point because the answer was Alfie.

Alfie nervously tapped his marker on the whiteboard. "It's just people's opinions, innit? Don't make it true."

"Yeah, but the public sees all the confessionals, don't they?" Suresh said, wiping his board clean with a smarmy grin.

Meera eyed Alfie with compassion. "It's alright, Alf. For what it's worth, I'm into you."

He smiled gratefully at the model, the two staring after one another for much longer than needed.

Dana coughed into her hand. "Alright you two, break it up!"

"Let's keep going. 'Interviewer: Who are you wearing? Blank: Desperation' – ha! This one's good!" Arlo snickered after reading the card.

Aviva looked around the circle.

I mean we're all probably a little desperate if we're on this show...

She narrowed it down to Eddie and Kat. Eddie was still sticking by Dana, even though he knew she was keen on flirting with Suresh. But then Kat was so clingy with Finn; she might as well be his extra limb. Aviva wrote Kat's name on the board and flipped it around.

Apparently, she wasn't the only one who thought it, with the majority voting the same. It didn't help that it was the correct choice.

Kat chose Eddie, poorly trying to disguise her irritation. "Just because I've found my man don't mean I'm desperate." She gripped Finn's muscular bicep.

"Say that again, Kat? Couldn't hear you over Finn's arm breaking under your death grip." Dana teased.

A ripple of laughter bloomed throughout the circle. "Oh God, move on before she pops a vein!" Arlo chuckled.

"Alright...sorry, Kat." Meera shrugged before picking up a new tweet. "Here we go, 'No one told Blank the rubbish bin was a viable sleeping arrangement? We all know he'd feel right at home in there.'" She hid her face behind the card.

Well, there's only one majorly trash human I know in here.

Aviva scrawled Suresh's name across her board and flipped it around quickly. She tried to mask her surprise when she saw he'd written his own name down as well.