Chapter 11. Goodbye Hell

The sun rose behind the tree line as the beat up truck cruise down a long stretch of highway. City lights came into view as the truck head over a hill. Tessa laid asleep on Elijah as his head was tilt back as tiny snores left his wide open mouth. Daniel had Finally got a hang of the whole driving thing while Rylee was still wide awake watching over him. Rylee lift her hand motioning him to take the next exit has it would lead off to a secluded park.

The truck slowly roll up into a parking spot as pole lights scatter out through the large park, the lights shine brightly just like the stars in the night sky were as not a single cloud taint the clear view, although the city lights that laid before them finish off the magnificent sight.

"So...what do we do now?." Daniel ask as he tilt his head to get a better look at Rylee as she sat with her legs cross, her eyes glue onto the large city.

"That's a good question." Rylee replied as her eyes glance over at the boy. Awkward silence fill the air as Rylee suddenly move.

"Okay you need to get out..my leg is killing me here."

Daniel laugh it off as he open the truck door and jump out, with his hand held out, Rylee only chuckle with a small grin as she took it and hop onto the ground. She turn her body and starting walking back behind the truck and pop the truck lid down and hop on top of that.

"Thought you were tired of sitting?." Daniel ask as he join her.

"No. I just need to stretch my long legs." Rylee replied as she lift up the leg with the bandage wrap around it.

"The thing is..I have no pacific place to go.." Rylee spoke up as she look around at the scenery, the breeze had die down and now only gently brush through, moving her hair slightly.

A small grin form on the boys lips as he push himself off the truck bed as he made his way towards the tall female. Placing his hands on either side of her legs. He look up as her icy eyes stare down at him.

"So..how about we travel around the world..together.." Daniel suggest as his grin stay on his face.

"I've seen enough of your face already..you think I'm going to stick around with you to look at it more..your crazy." Rylee chuckle as she look away from him.

Though with her attention elsewhere, Daniel move his face closer to hers.

"I think that attitude of yours grown on me." Daniel spoke as Rylee's eyes trail down at his face that was now only inches away from hers.

"I'm tempted." Rylee mutter.

"To do what?." Daniel ask as his head tilt a bit to the side.

"Kiss you..only because you help me get out of there..alive..not because your..somewhat..and I can't believe I'm about to say this..a bit cute." Rylee mutter as her lips tilt up into a smile.

"For some reason..I have the same temptation..but..it's because I think I might actually like you."

Closing in the gap between them, the echoing sound of a truck door open and closing rang through there ears, causing them to end the kiss quickly and back a few inches away as they turn there heads towards the cause.

"Oh..you two.."

"Tessa." Rylee spoke blankly as she ran her hand through her smoky locks.

"Well..I overheard on your conversation..the part about us going somewhere..can I pitch in?." Tessa ask as she had her arms cross over her chest as she move side to side with her eyes avoiding there gazes as a smile creep up onto her face.

"What do you wanna suggest?." Daniel pitch in.

"How about..we live together..I mean..I know we don't know much about each other..and stuff..but..it's just that..I feel safer to be with you guys than going back out in the world alone.."

Daniel and Rylee look at each other before looking back at Tessa, at that moment, Elijah hop out of the truck and stood behind Tessa with a wide smile on his lips. Daniel look back at Rylee who suddenly sigh as a tiny smiled form onto her lips.

"You know what..I like it..we can sell the truck..and use that money to rent a small apartment.."

"You really mean it Rylee!." Tessa ask excitedly as she look up towards a grinning Elijah than back at the other two.

"Yeah..let's do it."

"There's one thing though that has been bugging me though." Elijah ponder as he lean on the truck frame.

"How old are you guys?."

"Is that really what you've been wondering man?." Daniel ask as a small laugh left his lips.

"Twenty two." Rylee spoke up suddenly which caught all there attentions. Two in particularly where surprise.

"Wait..seriously..I'm only twenty.." Daniel replied as his jaw slack a bit with eyes wide.

"Hey..I'm only twenty too!." Tessa shout looking around at the others.

"Ha..I'm twenty one." Elijah said proudly as he look down at Tessa's shock face.

"Really..I honestly thought you were older."

"What." Elijah whine as he suddenly pick up the girl and toss her over his shoulder, her hands flailing around in the air along side her legs.

"We'll..they might actually kill each other." Daniel chuckle as he look over at Rylee who was smiling.

With her eyes focus on those two goof balls, Daniel took the chance and lean in and close in the gap between them. And finish that kiss. Breaking it first, Rylee look down at him, her lips turning up into a smirk as she kiss him quickly.

"Really?." Elijah whine as they watch those two break it up and act like nothing just happen.

"Okay..how about we get some sleep and in the morning we start a new life."

"Okay..leader Rylee." Tessa tease.

"Please don't call me that."

Everyone broke out laughing as they all hop onto the back of the truck bed, gazing up at the night sky.

"Start a new life..Just the four of us..it will definitely be interesting."