Chapter Eight - Sweater Weather

Wednesday hardly retained anything she learned in class. Her mind was entirely fixated on her stalker and on the newly learned information about Vincent Thorpe.

She was also exhausted, she barely slept after Xavier's nightmare. Her mind wouldn't stop.

It was clear her stalker had to be working with Thornhill and Tyler as the photos sent to her were very similar to those she found in Thornhills home.

Beyond that she had no clue, they both were imprisoned and the only person she believed to even deserved to hate her was Xavier. Who clearly did not.

Her classes were done around 4 which left her enough time to write before she met with Xavier.

This time she opened her door to just Enid, who was sitting on her bed crisscross clearly waiting for her to return.

"Where did you go last night," Enid asked immediately, not wasting a second.

"I gave you and Ajax space." Is all she gave for an explanation, settling down in front of her typewriter.

However she was rudely interrupted by Enid spinning her chair around so she was facing her.

"Enid I do not have time for your dramatics."

The other girl rolled her eyes, "come on, where did you sleep last night."

Why won't she drop it?

"I slept in Xavier's room he offered for me to stay there to save me from you and Ajax's disgusting displays of affection." Wednesday believed this was clear enough and she may return to her writing but she was sadly mistaken.

"YOU SLEPT IN XAVIERS ROOM??" Enid screeched so loudly Wednesday believed the residents of Jericho must've heard.

"That is quite literally what I said so yes."

Enid grabbed Wednesdays shoulders, her colourful nails slightly digging in. "You like him. You so like him."

Wednesday found that offensive. She can have friends without anything happening between them.

"Enid, me and Xavier are friends. Is that truly so hard to believe?" She found herself not even believing her own words, so when Enid scoffed she wasn't surprised.

"Wednesday he looks at you as if he worships you. We both know you're smarter than that."

She hates it when Enid is right. Especially because Enid is so overly excited by her revelation.

She should know Wednesday Addams doesn't do feelings and doesn't do love.

"However Xavier may feel about me does not effect how I feel Enid. Plus the last time foolishly let myself near a boy he turned out to be a bloodthirsty monster." Wednesday said it nonchalantly but they both were very aware what happened last year had affected her more than she was willing to admit.

The truth is Wednesday Addams for the first time in her life had been experiencing nightmares. Not only that but being back brought back so many unwanted memories. Ones that haunted her at every step.

"I'm not going to push but I'm just saying you nearly smile talking about him. That's saying something." With that Enid walks back to her bed as Wednesday sends her threatening glares.

She does not smile or come close to. Enid's her bestfriend she should know this.

Enid knows she's pushed her enough so she lets Wednesday write in silence.

In case you were wondering Vipers newest investigation is not going so well as it's been interrupted repeatedly by a ridiculous boy.