19

- (Y/n) POV -

"Woah, there are so many people," I said. "Yeah, a bit more than last year," Daku says. I smile nervously as I saw my parents and uncles in the back. Along with seeing Draken-San, Inui-San, and the people from the pet store. I guess he knows them. I back behind the curtain and so does Daku. He then grabs my hands after putting a strand of my hair out of my face. "Don't get nervous. I'm here with you." He hums as he smiles down at me. I smile back before blushing at his actions. "Y-Yeah, we can do this." I smile nervously as I took my hands away from his. "Places everyone." Our teacher says. I stood in front of my mic and Daku does the same. I look over at Genji and he looks back at me with a smile. Like Daku, I gave a nervous blushing smile. I took a deep breath to ease my nerves. The curtains lifted and I smiled at the crowd.

Halfway done with the show, they pulled out the piano and I sat down. Daku began to sing and eventually, I followed behind him. I began to blush as he suddenly sat next to me and caress my face a bit. I stared into his hazy golden eyes and felt lost in them. My heart began to race as we continued to stare and as our voices blended beautifully together. As we ended the song, he moved and kissed the top of my head. I froze, but got on my feet as the crowd began to cheer for us. Daku grabbed my hand and rubbed it gently. I looked at him for a moment, but I got distracted as we had to bow and smile at our audience. 

/ / / /

"Kitten, can we talk about something," Daku says as we reunited with the crowd and he held my hands. "I-I. . ." I was at a loss for words since I was still conflicted about how I felt for Daku. "Kitten-Chan," I turn my head and saw Draken-San. "In a moment," I told Daku and let go. He nods and went to go somewhere else. "You did amazing up there." Draken-San smiles as he handed me a bouquet. Inui-san also complimented me. "Thank you. I was a bit nervous since this is my first time upstage." I hum. I then saw the four people that were with him. "These are the friends that I made growing up. Mitsuya, Kazutora, Chifuyu, and Takemichi." Draken-San introduces the four. "Nice to meet you all. Just call me Kitten." I hum as I bowed. They bowed back and also complimented my singing performance. "Kitten, I need to talk to you," Genji said as he came out of nowhere and grabbed my arm. 

I look at him, but I couldn't tell what expression he was making. I then look back at Draken-San. "Thank you for coming, Draken-San, Inui-San, and all four of you. I appreciate it." I smile. They all nodded and Genji began to drag me away. "Genji, wait. I have to talk to Daku first." I said as I tried to slow him down. He stops and faces me. "Don't! Don't say his name!" I slightly jump as Genji raised his voice. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice at you." He said as he let go of me. He ran his fingers through his hair and takes a deep breath. I was a bit scared since I'd never seen Genji act this way. "Genji, are you alright?" I ask. "Yeah, yeah, I'm alright. Listen, I just wanted to tell you something important." He said as he got closer to me. I felt my face heat up as he got close to me and him putting a strand of my hair behind my ear. "I-" I noticed the blush forming on his face. "Kitten, there you are." I turn my head to see Daku. His voice sounded soft, but his expression seemed annoyed and angry. 

"I need to speak to her privately," Daku said as he grabbed my left hand. "Well I had her first, so wait your turn." Genji snaps back. He grabs my right wrist since I was still holding the bouquet. "I asked her first, a**hole. So you better sit your a** down and wait." Daku says. "H-Hey, don't fight right now!" I pleaded as I saw the two of them glaring at one another. "Why don't you f*ck off? Clearly, it wasn't important since she was with me." Genji retorts. "Stop! Both of you!" I shouted at them. Though they ignored me. "Then what were you going to tell her, huh?! What's so goddamn important that you needed her first?!" Daku shouts. "F*ck you! Why should I tell you?! That's between me and her!" Genji shouts back. I was going to shout again, but someone else cleared their throat. The three of us look away from each other and I saw my parents and uncles. Two other men were with them. 

"Genji, I thought I taught you how to respect a woman when she's in your presence." A man- who I'm guessing is Genji's father- said. "I thought I told you to maintain your temper, Daku." Daku's father said as he gave a harsh glare. "Apologize to Lady Kitten and her guardians." both males said. Both Genji and Daku let go of me and bowed and apologized to me and my family. "We apologize for our sons for fighting in front of your daughter. Along with them not listening to her. Forgive us, Bonten." The two males said. My eyes widen slightly at the fact that these two men called my family by their Yakuza gang name. Father put his hand on my shoulder and pulls me close to him. "It's alright. Though, they better learn from their mistakes. My daughter's voice should never be ignored or silenced." Dad said. I look at Genji and Daku in disbelief. Their fathers are also part of criminal organizations?!