Chapter 5

Secrets are left uncovered.

Midnight rolled around the mansion, the soft lull of the ticking clock had came way in the shared room where Wolf, Piranha, Tarantula, Shark and Snake had grouped around a single picture that their dear old Mr. Snake had brought fourth.

Eyes followed every detail the picture had to offer.

A brimmed hat that had thick, golden bands sewn into the ends that spread out like small dusty swirls into the dark fabric, shielding the eyes from the glaring sun, barely making out two golden iris's.

"Yep, that's him all right. See the markings on his hat?" Webs had placed one of her legs onto the tiny picture, lightly drawing out the intriquet details the embroidery had to offer. Her other set of legs typing furiously to try and uncover as much about the 'Diamond king' as possible.

"Dude, freaky... Never thought that someone like the vice would have something on the Diamond king. Of all criminals..."
Sharks rough fins rubbed against each other, the nervousness being brought to light.

"Right?! The guys a legend! Like that one time, he literally jumped out of a train to grab a bag full of fine jewelry?" Piranha had jumped into his bed, seemingly trying to reenact the very dramatic details of the story.

"Uhhh, didn't he have a partner in crime too?" Wolf thought, placing a paw to his chin.

"Well duh! Obviously! It was the Crimson paw, they both disappeared like- a year ago—"
Webs cut off Piranha mid sentence, clicking onto a whole document on the little mini stories and articles.
Which in turn had a bright picture, two snakes, one low to the ground, holding a beautiful desert rose, to a charming cobra, hiding the smile that had shine clearly on her face with a feathered fan.

The picture looked old, yet, with some editing skills, and some filtering, the clearer picture presented it's self.

The side of the picture had read: Cole and Beatrice.

"OH! OH! I KNOW THIS STORY!- AcK---" Piranha jumped onto the table, almost sliding both himself and Tarantula's computer off the table, if not for Webs quickly grabbing the sides of her device and yelling at Piranha to quit it.

The fresh water fish jumped back up and clicked onto the image, effectively making the screen size up.

"So! There was this guy named Cole, absolute charmer, really good with the ladies. But! He was living a life of a run away, a rebele. He was super stinkin' ritch because- well- he literally stole almost everything! And you see that jewel at the top of his hat? First thing he ever stole from a noble! Henceforth: "The Diamond king".

But, something changed when he discovered a small town in the middle of the desert, where he met the love of his life... Beatrice Magnolia-Santos. His heart, his corazon, beat for only her. And she, had felt the same for the man that had whisked her feelings into his own arms.... Tail???
They had run away together, but there are rumors that his wife tragically passed away... Which is why he had disappeared for so long till head lines came back, the same Diamond markings haunted the media for months before he was seen with the Crimson paw!"