Chapter 6

𝐇𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝:  𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐮𝐠𝐥𝐲.

           ⚠️ Long chapter!⚠️
(The Animation that you see, is made by me! Please do not repost it! Thank you!)
...

The crowed had cheered when the whole group was on stage, Diane and (Y/n) stuck close together when the professor had taken the mic to thank everyone for donating for the cause of getting money to all kinds of hospitals, schools, you name it.

Placing the mic in the paws of wolf, who's other hand was hidden behind his back, holding the button to trip the lights so that he and his gang could get out scot free with the golden dolphin.

Snake stayed close with shark and piranha, his eyes burning straight onto Wolf's hand holding the button. This is it, everything that they had worked so hard for, the plan that was so obviously going to work if Wolf had pressed that singular, shiny red button.
The heaviness of guilt struck Snake upside the head, causing the Eastern brown to cast his gaze away and look at the calm smile that the vice wore so proudly.

"I just wanna take a moment to recognize the one responsible for our new outlook, our brilliant mentor... The one and only..."
Wolf's body had tensed when he knew that everyone was riding against him to do this, the soft look from Diane had quaked his thumb on the button.

Hearing the silent cheers of his friends urging him to hurry.
"Professor..."
Wolf stalled, trying to take everything in and trying to rationalize what he was about to do would be worth it.

"P-professor..."

Was it worth it?

Suddenly, he felt a pressure push against his leg, causing himself to take a step back. When looking to find that, snake had pushed him back slightly, snatching the mic from his grasp.

"Huh?.. Snake..! What are you-"
Wolf tried to whisper, only to be met with sharp glowing eyes of despair, guilt and... Sadness?
He knew what wolf was doing, and he could only feel that, if he didn't do this, leaving would make an unforgivable mark against his chest, where his heart would only feel the constant feeling of remorse.

So, a laugh to hide his anxious state, only made the others' jaws hit the ground.

"Ah, ha. Who woulda' knew my best bud had cold paws?"
The joke made the crowd rumble with chuckles and laughter, quickly quieting down when Snake's voice then casted down into a serious set.

"But, what I think what my friend is tryna' say is... He's greatful for being shown kindness that nobody else has shown in a while. Because no, it wasn't just Marmalade who had spoken to us. It was Ms. Governor, and Ms. Vice."
Diane's eyes shifted over to Wolf, who had immediately stood up straighter, giving her a lopsided sheepish smile and wave.