Stop Staring

Beating up his disciples had not worked. In the moment it did, but afterwards, the thoughts hit him at full force. So he left and proceeded to beat on trees instead, and the occasional lost beast. The same thing happened.

He let out a slight scream in frustration and returned to his residence, preparing himself to work what he could on issues written on paper.

After a while, he just gave up. He washed up and prepared to try and relax, hoping for no mini qi deviations.

They were recent, and not severe enough by his standards to seek help for, thinking they would just calm down over time.

He hadn't had a qi deviation, but he still didn't get a full nights sleep. A quarter of it spent thinking about the soft features of a certain shixiong of his. Despite his agitation, his qi was at it's calmest thinking about the soft edges of his face. Somehow, that man had been the reason for his largest qi deviations, but now it was also the reason for the calmest qi he's had in a while.

He'll figure it out tomorrow.

Tomorrow came too quickly. He settled into his seat when he arrived, and being one of the last to arrive, his seat was near the man of his dilemma.

He couldn't take his eyes off of his shixiong. And even if he did, they would return quickly.

He never noticed how agitated he seemed to look, like being in a large crowd wasn't a point of comfort. Not that he ever thought it was, but he didn't think the man hated it so much.

He didn't know if the man knew his eyes were on him, but if he did, he wasn't snapping at him, so he didn't bother with thinking he knew.

He could somehow register what was being said, a first if his attention was stolen. But he just couldn't find it in himself to engage in the meeting, dedicating all his movements into watching his shixiong.

After the announcement of the banquet, he wasn't to happy. He didn't want to 'socialize' with Huan Hua Palace, he wanted to kill something. That shixiong of his was starting to hurt his head.

He didn't notice all of the other people leaving, only noticing how Yue Qingyuan had stopped Shen Qingqiu, asking about the disciple he saw yesterday.

He noticed how his shixiong was a bit more snappy with his last answer, like he didn't enjoy the assumption that he was working his disciples even when they're injured.

With that answer, he turned and left, and with the angle Liu Qingge was at, he could see the beginning of a sneer, before it was blocked off by his fan. He quickly scurried after him before Yue Qingyuan could stop him and try to strike a conversation.

After a minute of Shen Qingqiu being in his head, he finally noticed Liu Qingge and snapped at him.

"Why are you so set on staring at me?! Do I have something on my face?!"

Liu Qingge blinked, surprised to finally get acknowledgment after so long of silence.

"No. There is nothing on your face."

"Then what's with the staring?!"

He wasn't actually yelling at him, more of an annoyed and only slightly louder than usual volume.

"I couldn't stop myself. Something seemed different today." He wasn't lying, but he didn't think his shixiong would take kindly to him knowing about yesterday. "Are you okay? You seem stressed."

"If you had eyes so set on staring at you, wouldn't you feel stressed?!"

"No. I would just beat them up."

It was true. He wasn't going to get stressed over it, because he let it have an outlet. He wouldn't allow himself to bottle the stress and hold it in, he would make a scene as soon as he knew. And a brilliant thought crossed his head, 'Maybe Shen Qingqiu acts like this because he feels overly stressed.' but it only lead to more confusion, like why he was overly stressed.

He heard his shixiong let out a sigh before rushing away, leaving Liu Qingge to his own devices, which was to go on another mission to kill some poor monster, allowing him soon time to think of what just happened. He would be back for when it came time to chose disciples.