Panic Attack

It had been a few days since Liu Qingge was 'punished', and the monthly meeting was already starting up again.

In that time, he had been alternating between his own Bai Zhan Peak and orbiting around his shixiong, wanting to make sure he was comfortable before they had to see the other peak lords. Shen Qingqiu was very confused, but quickly got over it. His tiddy milk wasn't bothering him so much.

When the meeting finally inevitably came, the peak lords were slightly surprised to find Liu Qingge being one of the first, opting to sit near Shen Qingqiu of his own free will.

They quickly blamed it on familiarity instead of choice.

Liu Qingge was still staring at Shen Qingqiu, but said Shen Qingqiu didn't find it as troubling as before. After all, his shidi had such an appetite.

It didn't explain the first time he was staring, which he had gotten an explanation for rather easily, but it more than likely was the reason now.

He was pleasantly surprised when his shidi had told him the first time was because he had seen him carry his disciple the day before, who was doing great, by the way.

Anyway, this meeting was going quite normally, even with the change of feelings towards Liu Qingge, the irritation and quick heart were all accounted for. It caused Liu Qingge to stare even harder, wondering why he was so snappy during meetings. In the time they had been together after the Spirit Caves, he had still been slightly snappy, but not to the extent it currently was. He had got to witness Shen Qingqiu's maternal-ish instincts in action, which was a slight shock to Liu Qingge.

If you had told him a few months ago that his shixiong was actually really caring, he would have killed you for making such a 'false' claim.

But now, he could see it. Except during meetings, surprisingly. He would hunt him down later and ask.

This meeting just had to stretch on and on and on. His shixiong had quickly rushed in the direction of his peak, most likely going to his bamboo house. Liu Qingge would visit him in a minute, to ask if he wanted to go night hunting with him, but for right now, he had to busy Mu Qingfang.

After successfully busing Mu Qingfang, he quickly rushed over to the bamboo house, which was becoming less and less surprising each time to the peak's disciples.

After he made it there, he could hear the sound of quiet sobbing and shaky breathing. He quickly went in, rushing around to search for his shixiong, hoping to see(and kill) whatever was bothering him.

After a quick search, he couldn't find him, so he decided to try and follow the noise, see where it was louder. He had called out a few times, hoping to urge a response out of him, but received nothing instead.

When he determined that the sniffling was loudest in his shixiong's bed chamber, he was very confused. He didn't see him. He was about to go searching again before he thought about checking under furniture.

It paid off, but it was still a shock to find his shixiong curled against the wall, crying under his bed.

When he gently called out and tried to reach for him, his shixiong had turned around, saw him, and retreated further under the bed.

"Qingqiu, come here? I won't hurt you. Please come here?"

He tried to speak softly, like how he used to do to his meimei when she hid under the tables.

All he got was a fearful stare, like he didn't believe he wouldn't hurt him.

It took a lot of convincing and just laying there for his shixiong to finally reach his hand out. His hand had gently curled on top of his own before tugging slightly, like he wanted him under there with him. He felt his shixiong looked like a young child, and that he himself wouldn't fit, but nonetheless, he complied.

After gently scooting his way under the bed, he made himself be slightly distant from Shen Qingqiu, trying to give him some space, while his shixiong had decided to slam slightly into his chest, squeezing onto him while trembling. He slowly and easily put his arms around him, allowing him to flinch and get away if he felt uncomfortable.

When his shixiong made no move to get away, he squeezed him just a bit closer, trying his best to comfort him. He must have been doing okay, because it didn't take long for him to start calming down, though still shaking.

"Shidi..."

He let out a hum, letting him know he was listening. He had started to squeeze his robes a little more.

"You're here?"

"Mmm. I wanted to ask if you wanted to night hunt, but seeing your current state, I don't think you would want to go."

"... No... I want to go..."

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm... It might do me some good..."

"Okay..."

They laid there a little longer before his shixiong had requested they go on the bed, instead of under it. Liu Qingge agreed, gently releasing him to roll out and help him up on the bed. After they resettled, everything was pleasantly quiet.

"... Why am I okay with you...?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

His question was ignored.

They laid there for a long while, just letting Shen Qingqiu recover before he requested to at least wash his face. Liu Qingge didn't let go and rolled off the bed, standing up with Shen Qingqiu in his clutches, earning him a squeak, before walking towards is bathing room. He gently put him down on a convenient cushion before rummaging around for a rag and stalking off to get some water.

He returned to a rather confused Shen Qingqiu, and placed the basin down to dip the rag in before bringing it to his shixiong's face, washing it with a gentleness Shen Qingqiu didn't know the man possessed. His face scrunched up a little when the rag got close to his eye, a habit he could never get rid of, and stared at Liu Qingge in question, causing him to stop.

"It's better for me to do it." Liu Qingge didn't want to admit that this was his way of showing affection, his love language being acts of service.

When his shixiong stopped questioning it, he returned to his very serious business of washing his face.

When he was finished, he started to gently fuss at straightening his clothes, and went behind him to start fixing up his hair. He was surprised Liu Qingge could do hair, finding a little braid woven into it. Liu Qingge started thanking his sister at always dragging him away to fix her hair, not that she would know of this.

After this little grooming session, Liu Qingge finally got up, picking Shen Qingqiu up with him, and set off back to his room, setting him on the bed before turning around and started searching for things Shen Qingqiu would need on the night hunt. It would be a few days, and he wanted to make sure he was prepared.

After this, he gave the bag full of goodies(necessities) to his shixiong and picked him up again.

"I can walk by myself. I am not a sack of potatoes."

"I know."

Shen Qingqiu briefly wanted to whack him over the head before he was abruptly put on his feet, right in front of the door.

"I didn't think you would appreciate being carried in front of your disciples."

"You're right, I wouldn't."

His fan (when did that get there?) gently made contact with his shidi's head. It would have been a reprimand if it wasn't so gentle.

"Thank you for being considerate."

His shidi's eyes seemed to sparkle a little at the praise, nodding that it was nothing, before opening the door, letting Shen Qingqiu go first, he followed right after.

After making sure the door was shut, he turned towards his shixiong, then they set off.