ch 11; rivalry

Silver and Shadow are enjoying pancakes for breakfast with the TV on.
The 1994 spider-man cartoon is playing, with the episode where Venom and Spider-Man must team-up against Carnage.
Silver is swallowing down milk, when someone knocks on the door.
They both jolt, and Silver places down the glass.
Shadow keeps munching on the bite of pancake, where syrup is sweet on the tongue.
The other hedgehog stands up, and walks toward the door in the hallway.

Silver looks curiously out through the peephole in the door. And sees something blue.
When he sees it's Sonic, he unlocks the door and opened it.
"Hi Sonic-... I wasn't expecting you today" he smiles shyly and walked aside.
Sonic walks in with a doubtful look on the face.
"... That's weird-... 'Cause I always get over to your place in the morning before school..." he says, and notices Shadow's presence from the living room.
Sonic glares annoyed at the coat Shadow wore yesterday. The same coat Knuckles once lend Sonic during a date where the wind was cold.
"Y-you do?" Silver swallows nervously, and closed the door.
The blue hedgehog looks teasingly at his friend.
"... Unless you don't want me here, since you have company" he smirks. Unsure if he would be happy to get Shadow away from Knuckes...

Silver blushes.
"It's not like that!-..." he jolts.
"-... I only forgot you would come... I'm not trying to push you away..." he adds with lower voice.
Sonic chuckles.
"Oh?-... So it's not like that?-... Then tell me... Why didn't you answered any of my calls or texts from yesterday and today?... You must have been really busy with something~"

Silver cheeks heat even more up, and soon he blushed wildly.
He clenches the hands, and could barely look at him.
" ... The phone must been-... Muted or something..." he mumbles.
"...Sorry..."
Sonic rolls the eyes, and takes up his phone from the pocket on his jeans.
Then he starts dialing Silver's phone...
In few seconds, a loud tune starts playing from Silver's jacket.

Silver froze with increased heartbeats.
Sonic grins, and ends the call.
Silver's phone stops ringing, and few seconds later it beeps with a text, where it tells him; Sonic tried reaching you 7:15 AM.
The blue hedgehog puts the phone back in the pocket.
"It seems your phone works perfectly fine..." he shrugs grinning.
Silver starts laughing nervously while rubbing the hand on the backhead.
"T-that's W-weird-..." he stutters while Sonic starts walking further into the apartment, where his feet take him to the living room.

Sonic's eyes move across the TV screen where Venom sacrificed himself to push Carnage through a portal.
The hedgehog looks smiling at Shadow who looks doubtfully up at him from the middle seat on the couch.
Sonic sits swiftly down on the seat next Shadow's right side.
"... There you are-..." he grins.
Shadow glares at him in annoyance.
"... And what do you want?" He mutters and placed the cutlery on the plate with half eaten pancakes.
Sonic shrugs.
"That depends on you-..."
The demon prince raises an eyebrow.
"... And what does that mean?"
Sonic leans closer him where he tilts the head up to place the mouth close to his ear.
"... You know-... Knuckles has been very worried about you... Since you only disappeared like that..." he whispers since he doesn't wants to share the conversation with Silver.
Shadow crosses the arms.
"That's not your deal-..." he answers while Silver starts entering the room where he looks confused at them.
"Yes it is-..." Sonic hisses in hushed voice.
"... Knuckles is my precious friend-... And my ex boyfriend... I won't let anyone hurt him..." he explains whispering, and glances at Silver.
"...-And I won't let you hurt Silver either... So, stop playing with their feelings and decide which one you want to date..."

Silver sits hesitantly down on the seat next Shadow.
"W-what are you talking about?..."
Shadow glares at Sonic with a silent warning to shut up.
Sonic shrugs, and leans away from him.
Then Shadow runs an arm around Silver's shoulders.
"Nothing special-... But I think your pathetic friend here might have feelings for you..." he jokes.
Sonic flinches.
"I DO NOT!" He protests, and made Silver even more confused.
Shadow chuckles.
"That's weird-... That wasn't what you just told me..." he smirks.

Sonic drops the jaw.
Then looks over Shadow at Silver.
"He is lying!-..." he tells him. It would be really awkward if Silver thought he had feelings for him.
Silver shrugs.
"Okay-..." he answers, and doesn't care anymore, what they might have whispered.
Instead Silver leans toward Shadow, with the head a slightly on the chest and the shoulder.
It feels very comfy, maybe he should skip school?... He skipped few classes yesterday. What would a few more do?!

***

The three of them walk toward school where a tired echidna soon came from a crossing path.
Silver and Shadow were holding hands.
Sonic looks pitying on Knuckles, and then he glances curiously at Shadow. Unsure what the ebony hedgehog would do.
If the 'stranger' would choose Silver or Knuckles.

Knuckles could barely fall asleep yesterday.
He was turning around in the bed, worried about Shadow. Worried he had get back home, and left him alone.
But mostly he was afraid Shadow might walked home to Silver. Dumping him for the other.
When he notices the familiar faces, he looks curiously up at them.
At first his mind feels heavy from the lack of sleep... But as soon he sees Shadow, he wakes gasping up with a lot clearer mind.
"SHA-dow?!-..." he says in relief, and startled Silver who starts getting afraid of an incoming conflict.
Knuckles wraps the arms around Shadow, and pulled him toward him in an embrace, where Shadow let's go of Silver's hand.
Shadow grunts surprised, and let's Knuckles to embrace him.
"I was so worried-..." Knuckles starts saying, while Silver squirms uncomfortable.
Shadow raises an eyebrow.
"... Worried?-... For what?"
"... I thought you've had get back home, and left us..."
Shadow scoffs.
"Home?-..." he clicks the tongue.
"Why would I do such a thing, when I must find someone who can give me a child..." Shadow explains.
While Knuckles gets relieved, Silver starts forming tears. Could he take that as; Shadow won't date him? Unless he could top him, and make him pregnant?

Sonic notices in the corner of the eye how Silver seems on verge of tears.
The blue hedgehog looks confused at Shadow's back.
"A child?-... What do you need one for?" He raises an eyebrow, and crosses the arms.
He starts getting more and more bad feeling of him.
It starts feeling as Shadow is leaving out a few important details... Like the real reason he is here, and starts playing around with Silver and Knuckles.

Shadow breaks apart from the hug, and glares at Sonic.
"Why do you care, faker?-..." he mutters.
Sonic clenches the hands.
" Because they are my friends!-... And I don't like you..." he spits out, and trembles in anger.
Knuckles and Silver part their mouth in shock over Sonic's sudden outburst.
Shadow rolls the eyes.
"Not my fault, you are still in love with Knuckles..." he snorts.
Sonic flinches blushing, where he un-clenched the fists.
"W-what?!-..." he stutters.

Knuckles wides the eyes in surprise, and looks curiously at Sonic.
"Is that true, Sonic?-... Do you still love me?" He asks with increased heartbeats.
Sonic's ears lowered.
"I-... I-..." he squirms uncomfortable.
The blue hedgehog inhales deeply.
"I better rush-... M-manic n-needs me... I-it's something about m-math..."he lies, and rose the hand to wave good bye, before running away toward the school.
Making Silver to froze when he realized, he was stuck alone with Knuckles and Shadow.

Knuckles blinks confused.
"Since when did Manic needs Sonic's help in math?... It's usually Manic who helps Sonic..."
Shadow smirks.
"Maybe he needed to use the bathroom..." he teases, with a low chuckling.
Knuckles shrugs.
"Oh well-... Never mind that now... Let's head to school..." he smiles and grabbed Shadow's hand.
Which made Silver's heart to drop.

Shadow and Knuckles start walking toward school, where Shadow takes Silver's hand in his.
The two jolted.
"Hey!-..." Knuckles bursts out.
Shadow hums asking.
The echidna shakes the head in disapproval.
"Why are you holding his hand too?!" He scoffs.
Silver blushes, and looks away.

Shadow grins, and gives Silver's hand a gentle squeeze.
"Simply 'Cause I like him as well... It would be rude of me, if I only held your hand, and not his..."
Knuckles narrows the eyes.
"Fuck that-... I don't want a poly-relationship..." he growls, and dropped Shadow's hand, and starts stomping forward.
Silver exhales in relief. Maybe Knuckles won't start a fight with him. And leave him, and Shadow alone...

Shadow snickers.
"Oh?-... So you will let Silver holding my hand alone?" He teases.
Knuckles stiffened, and halted the steps.
Then he turns around and yanks Shadow's hand in hurry, where he glares at Silver, whose heart skipped a beat.
"I won't let you win-... He will be mine, as soon he gets pregnant with my child..." he tells him.
Silver wides the eyes in shock. Maybe Knuckles won't leave him alone anyway...

Then these three start walking to the school, hand in hand.
There Knuckles' and Silver's friendship turns more and more into a rivalry instead.
May the best hedge-... Ehm... Echi-... -Morbian win!