ch 4; recess

At first Knuckles was afraid any of the teachers would notice Shadow wasn't a student.
But for some reason they didn't... It was as the teachers were tired today and didn't payed any attention on the students.

Now it's middle of a long recess, where the gang sit together in the corridor, on two circular tables of four.
Shadow, Knuckles, Silver, Sonic, Tails, Amy and Rouge by one table.
Then Manic and Scourge by the second table. Making out in front everyone.
Which makes Amy to grimace in disgust.
The pink hedgehog leans a slightly over the table.
"Hey-..." she whispers.
The friends around that table look curiously at her.
Amy inhales deeply, and gives Manic and Scourge a side-look over the shoulder.
"It's disgusting-... Aren't they like cousins or something?... Wouldn't that count as incest?"
Shadow tilts the head.
"Why would it be wrong when your mate is also your cousin?"
The female hedgehog wrinkles the nose.
"That's unnatural... Disgusting..."

Sonic gives his brother a look. Manic is happy nowadays, and loves Scourge a lot.
The blue hedgehog shrugs.
"I don't see the problem either... Besides... Manic and I, are only second cousins with Scourge... So, no big deal"
Amy scoffs.
"First or second, doesn't matters... It's wrong!-... Why are they behaving as there aren't more people than them?... They can find a boyfriend somewhere else... Not in the family" she protests in a slightly higher voice than needed to keep the conversation private.

Knuckles huffed.
"Who cares what you think?-... Their love won't harm anyone... And second cousins are barely relatives anyway... Not only that... It's not like they could get a baby together... So, they don't need to be afraid to harm any child..."

Amy inhales deeply as she was about to rage, and protest.
Sonic leans backward on the seat, and with the legs on the table.
"Drop it Ames... Neither me, Sonia nor Manic knew Scourge was a relative until they started to date... They have never grew up as family..."

Amy flinches where she exhales in surprise.
"Oh right-... You have a sister as well...  Why isn't she a student here?" Amy asks, and would love having more female friends.
Sonic rolls the eyes.
" 'Cause that princeeees wanted to enter a ballet school... Which is a waste of time, according me... I mean-... If she would at least doing real sport, as soccer or something... I would understand..."
Amy slammed the palms on the table while standing up. Which startled everyone. Including the kissing couple who break apart.
"BALLET IS REAL SPORT!" She shouts upset, and scared Sonic so he fell on the floor.
"Gah!"

Sonic grunts while climbing back up from the floor to the table, where he sits down on the seat.
Manic turns on the seat toward his brother.
"Hey bro-... Are you alright?" He asks worried. But also not, 'Cause he knows how Amy could be from time to time.
Sonic mumbles out a short; "Yeah-..."

Amy pouts.
" Do you know how hard ballet is?!-... I'm sure you wouldn't be able to keep up the hard work behind those dance moves, where you also must dance on the tip of your toes... I was once a ballerina... But had to quit just few months later, 'Cause it was hard..."
Everyone except Shadow start grinning. There most of them try hiding that smirk from her.
Only Sonic and Knuckle weren't hiding it at all.
Knuckles scoffs smiling.
"I'm sure you got kicked out 'Cause you lost your temper and started attacking everyone with your hammer... A ballerina needs finesse" he shrugs.
Sonic snickers.

Amy snapped and pulled out the huge hammer where she starts attacking Knuckles.
"I-....DID....-NOOOOOT!!!" She yells upset and swings the hammer down toward Knuckles.

Knuckles jolts.
"Fuck-..." he exhales and knew he wouldn't get out in time. So, he crosses the arms in front the head, with gritted teeth.
Ready to take the hit.

Few seconds before Amy's hammer would hit Knuckles, Shadow swiftly grabbed his arm and pulled him toward him. Out of the way from the hit.

The hammer missed, and everyone gasped surprised how Shadow had the time to save Knuckles.
The echidna leans with the back on Shadow, where he confused look up at him.
"T-thanks-... You really saved me there..." Knuckles says with increased heartbeats.
Shadow nods shortly, before glaring at the pink hedgehog who looks shocked.
"... Do that again, and I will make sure you regret it..." he growls with intense glare at her.
Amy shudders.
"I-... I..." she starts saying speechless.
Then she scoffed and looked away, while standing upright with the hammer over the shoulder.
"... Then Knuckles here shouldn't mock me in first place..."  she mutters, and starts walking away. Feeling hurted, and also a slightly afraid from Shadow's words.
"... Who invited the emo?!..." she mumbles silently.
Sonic bursts out in low laugh with the hand in front the mouth to muffle the sound.