one

i love fatherly draco fics

i love angst

i want a fatherly draco drarry fic with angst

couldn't find one so i made one

welcome i vent like crazy in this fic 

going into another new year without her </3

27/11/22

20/3/23

11/11/23

~no pov

Harry Potter, The Boy Who Lived, never expected Teddy Lupin to appear at his doorstep, the way he appeared on the Dursley's twenty years prior. 

See, Nymphadora and Remus were dead, buried, gone. So how was it that Teddy looked about a year old, when the war happened three years ago? 

Andromeda Tonks was the first person Harry went to after this discovery. The woman was incredibly ill, on her deathbed. Though she was still rather young, she looked as though she'd aged ten years in the past few months.

Once Harry asked all the necessary questions, he found out that Teddy Lupin actually died with Nymphadora, but an unusual magic resurrected the baby two years later. Andromeda chose to keep this a secret, for it was unnatural and absurd, but once she fell ill, she knew she couldn't hide the child any longer.

Harry was the first person she thought of, and so she had an owl, yes, an owl, fly the baby to Harry's lonely home. And so it was, Harry now had a baby to look after. Was he in the mental state to do so? Definitely not. Did he do it anyway? Of course.

Harry Potter was a single father for Teddy Lupin, as he broke up with Ginevra Weasley after the war. It was a mutual breakup; both were grieving. Harry didn't find it fair to date Ginny when he was mentally struggling.

So now, alone in his two-bedroom home in the muggle world, he looked after a child he never asked for, but loved regardless. It wasn't easy, but it was okay. He didn't hate the idea of being a father.

Draco Malfoy, former Death Eater, narrowly escaped a life sentence in Azkaban for his part in the war. He was helped by, you won't believe it, Harry Potter, his schoolboy nemesis, and freed. Though he didn't get off scot free; there were still punishments served.

Draco had someone watching over his every purchase, and his magic was bound for ten years. The only thing he was allowed to do was Apparate, and even that had its limits. There were places he'd never be able to step foot in, and though it wasn't a punishment that was given to him, being given dirty looks by anyone and everyone felt like one.

Lucius Malfoy was locked up, and Narcissa Malfoy was on house arrest for twenty years, and her magic was bound for five years, considering she lacked the Dark Mark. 

Draco found himself living in, you'll be surprised, the muggle world. He liked it there, because no one knew who he was, or what crimes he committed. He remained jobless, as he had enough inheritance to live off of.

A loophole he did find was that if he transferred his magical money into muggle money, the Ministry no longer had an eye over it. That did encourage his idea to move to the muggle world, but it wasn't the only reason.

A year after the war, Draco got drunk and ended up sleeping with Astoria Greengrass. He was incredibly drunk, might I add, because Draco was questioning whether or not he was gay. It took that drunken mistake for him to figure out his sexuality and own it.

Nothing against Astoria, of course. She was smart and kind, and beautiful, but of course, Draco didn't swing that way. In fact, he wasn't sure he ever did.

At the age of twenty, Draco Malfoy became a father. At the age of twenty, his baby mama died during childbirth, her only request being that her son is named Scorpius. 

Draco didn't even know he was a father until he got a call from the hospital that absolutely mortified him. He'd kept in contact with Astoria, but she failed to mention the child growing in her uterus.

Draco wasn't mad, however. He couldn't be. Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy was the most beautiful baby he'd ever seen, and grew to look just like him. Scorpius was the unrequested gift from a drunken mistake, but he ended up being one of the best things that ever happened to Draco.

idk how to write books icl

pretend teddy's existence makes sense