Thorin Oakenshield

*y/n is forced to share a bed with Thorin, despite them not getting along*

It was a terribly frigid day in Middle Earth. I'm also incredibly tired from all of the walking we have been doing constantly whilst on this quest. As night settles in, and the firelight dims, we decide to get some sleep.

"Kili, you will sleep with Fili," Thorin announces.
"Oin with Gloin, Bombur with Bifur, Ori with Nori..." he continues. He proceeds to list all of the sleeping arrangements. I am only half listening due to my tiredness.

He finally got to my name an eternity later. "And Y/n with Bilbo." Mr. Baggins ears prick up at this announcement. "Why must I sleep with Miss Y/l/n? She is a horrible bed mate." I don't blame him for not wanting to sleep with me. The last time we shared a sleeping bag, I practically pushed him out of it because of my restlessness during the night. He is no gem to sleep with either! Not many know this, but Bilbo Baggins has quite the conversation with himself when he is sleeping. It is horribly obnoxious.
"I don't want to sleep with him!" I complain. "I am the only woman in the company, why shouldn't I have my own sleeping bag?"
Thorin sighs at mine and Bilbo's stubbornness.

"It is much safer to sleep in pairs," he says.

"Who are you sleeping with then, uncle? The boogeyman?" Kili asks, jokingly. Thorin just glares at his nephew and Fili gives him a subtle punch, indicating that he should have held his tongue.

Thorin rolls his eyes and annoyingly says, "If it so much of a hassle, I will sleep with Y/n."

Oh this is going to be fun. Thorin and I have not exactly seen eye to eye throughout the journey. Sleeping with him tonight will be less fun than getting stabbed in the chest.
Instead of an underhanded remark slipping my lips, I simply nod in agreement and start to unroll the bed. Bilbo walks over to where Gandalf was silently sitting with a smirk playing on his lips as he watched us. Bilbo notices this sly look plastered on the old wizards face and starts smiling, understanding exactly what Gandalf was thinking.

Everyone settles down and drifts to sleep. I, however, cannot possibly fall asleep in such a cold environment. It has been harder and harder for me to decently rest since the weather has been changing. My teeth start to chatter. Oh great!

"Y/n, are you cold?" Thorin whispers.
"Yes," I whisper back, annoyed at his question. What does he think? I just like the sound it makes when my teeth clang together?

"Turn around and put your head on my chest. You'll be warmer that way." I contemplate his offer for a moment before finally giving in.

"I can't stand the noise. It was difficult to sleep with you shaking next to me as well." He remarks. I simply giggle at the comment. I can feel him begin to smile above me as his grip on my waist tightens. It was nice. He and I may have our differences, but he really is a sweetheart.

I awake the next morning feeling refreshed and ready to start the day. I notice that I am still in Thorins grasp. I look around quickly to make sure the others haven't seen us like this. It would be quite a hard thing to explain without them doubting the explanation. Especially Kili and Gandalf.

"Good morning," Thorins gruff, raspy morning voice chimes.

"Good morning," I reply, quietly.

Thorin must've noticed the way he was holding me, because he immediately let go and started to get up. To say I wasn't the  slightest bit disappointed would be a lie.

Eventually, everyone awoke and we had breakfast before continuing on our journey.

Thorin and I constantly made unintended eye contact throughout the day, and Bilbo and Galfalf exchanged knowing glances as they watched us.