Legolas

Request from Danni_283

Prompt- Legolas Love Story
Character's name: Erin

*Erin and Legolas talking about their life together after an encounter with young children*

It was a brisk morning in Mirkwood and Legolas and I were wandering around the grounds outside of the palace. Hand in hand, we walked for what felt like hours. There was a light breeze that gently blew my long, blonde hair. I caught Legolas staring at me a few times as we crossed over the terrain. A blush crept upon both of our faces whenever I did, adding a bit of color to our alabaster complexions.

As we neared the woods, both Legolas and I had became more alert of our surroundings. I could sense him starting to tense as we strolled past the beginning of the Mirwood Forest. We had been experiencing a slight spider problem again, and the last thing we needed was to be caught off guard.

"Legolas did you hear that?" I whispered as I slowed my pace.

"What was it, meleth nîn?" He quietly asked.

"A rustling in the bush..." I readied the dagger I kept in my pocket as Legolas got his bow out.

Then the noise of a child's laughter rang out. And then another voice joined in. Legolas and I crept closer in order to identify the young elves. I reached my hand out to move the bush, uncovering two elleths with amused expressions on their small faces. I heard Legolas let out a sigh of relief.

"Did we scare you your highnesses?" One of them asked excitedly.

"My goodness, yes you most certainly did!" I laughed. Legolas even let out a small giggle at the childrens antics.

"Dimitra, Ophelia, where are you two?" An elf, whom I assume was the childrens mother, came walking towards where they were. She stopped dead in her tracks when she noticed us. "Your highness!" She bowed lowly to Legolas. "Lady Erin," she bowed her head respectfully. I haven't fully gotten used to that yet, but things like that come along with the package when you are courting a prince. She turned to her girls and noticed the devilish expressions plastered across their faces. When she saw Legolas, still armed with his bow, she knew exactly what they had done.

"I apologize for my daughters, your highness. They find it amusing to frighten people." She gives them a stern look when she finishes apologizing.

"Do not worry about it. We found it amusing." Legolas kindly smiled at her, and the elf seemed to calm down. She gathered up the elleths and started heading home. They turned over their shoulders to give us one last look, and waved.

"They are going to remember this interaction for a long while, you know." I smiled at him.

"Mhm" he responded. He put his bow away, and snaked his left arm around me to pull me close. He kissed the side of my head as we walked. Eventually we found a lovely little spot along the river, and decided to sit down for a rest. Legolas scooter himself closer to me, and lifted my chin with his thumb and index finger. His eyes flickered between mine and my lips for a moment before he finally leaned in to kiss me. He rested one of his hands on my cheek, and the other behind my neck. I ran my hands through his beautiful blonde hair, slightly messing it up. We stayed like that for a long while until I finally pulled away for air. We sat there staring at each other. His blue eyes burning into my emerald green ones.

He finally spoke when the silence got awkward. "Do you ever think of our future together? Our wedding, our kids, our life..." he trailed off.

I looked down, slightly blushing. "Yes, quite frequently actually." When our eyes finally locked again, he had a new look in them. Love? Hope? Maybe a combination of both. All I know is that his face lit up and he looked even more beautiful than ever before.

"Yeah? Tell me what you think about, Lady Erin." He shuffled to sit crisscrossed with his head in his hands. He looked adorable as he stared at me. I mimicked the way he was sitting, which made him laugh.

"I imagine a spring wedding. Outdoors, of course." I paused as I thought about details. "Everyone would be crying, maybe even the King as well!" I laugh. Legolas finds this idea quite amusing as well as he laughs along with me.
"What else?" He inquired.
"Well," I continued, "we would be even more helplessly in love, with 3 kids perhaps. 2 girls and a boy..." I trailed off as I casted my gaze out on the scenery. Legolas moved over to sit next to me and wrap his arms around my waist lovingly.

"What do you imagine, my prince?"  Legolas cups my face and stares directly in my eyes, "I imagine a long life with the elf of my dreams by my side. One day you will be my queen, darling." The emotion in his voice is evident.

All of the sudden, he slowly starts to lean back. He motions for me to lay on his chest. When we finally get comfortable, he slowly starts rubbing my back. Our eyes slowly start to close as we drift in and out of consciousness for the rest of the morning.