ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟛

"Is she still asleep?" Dante asked Lorenzo, worried about her health.  

He had found glass shrapnel tearing into her flesh around her collar and arm, thankfully it was not infected, also that she fainted from exhaustion.

"Yeah, I fixed up her gashes. I'm glad that there are no bullet wounds," Lorenzo says as he pulls off his gloves and mask. Tiredness present in his eyes, he slumped onto the couch.

"Dad will be here in another 3 minutes, a call just came in," Dante informed.

"So, who was it?" Alex came in from the kitchen. He prepared some snacks for all of them to eat.

They are in a safe house, a place somewhere off the highway. It is surrounded by trees so there's natural cover and moreover, there's a small lake nearby the place which makes it a good place for hiding. The first thing they did when Vivian collapsed is to take her to the safe house and tend to her injuries, then they called everyone in the family. Since Lorenzo and Dante were closer to the area than anyone else, they were the first to arrive.

"It might be Christine or Adam Vichez, maybe Quin Dilias. But, my best guess. Daniel de Leon." Armando just came in after checking on Viv.

The room went quiet, Dante got up from his seat and dailed a number from his burner phone, then he switched it off, broke it, and threw it in the trash can.

"Can't that perra just fuck off?" Lorenzo cursed, the one thing he hated most in the world is when someone hurts his family.

"I guess he didn't faze when we burned all his warehouses and snatched away his clients," Alex sighed, that guy has always, always caused trouble for their family. That psycho, even if  Leonardo has given him the liberty to live, he takes it a soft-heartedness. This game of cat and mouse will end, Alex thought.

The door knocked, three dull thumps on the wooden door followed by a distant thump exactly 4 seconds later. A sign perfected by every member of the Sicilian family.

Dante opened the door, a Glock in his left hand,  positioned just below his torso and raised at an angle that hits the target right at the groin.

Leonardo appeared at the doorway, wearing his usual black coat and bloodshot eyes. 5 bodyguards were behind him, taking up positions in and around the house. The number of guards is too less, Dante thought as guided him to the living room.

"Report," Leo said, his voice not hinting anything, sadness, anger, frustration, just nothing. 

Armando stood up, looking up into his eyes, " We were attacked by 4 cars belonging to a yet-to-be-identified gang, Two of the enemy cars were destroyed. We successfully got away with no casualties, there might be some civilian casualties though. That's all"

"Did you dispose of your cellphones?" He asked in the same monotone voice.

"Yes," Armando answered, he didn't mind it. It was the same routine whenever something of this scale happened. He asks for a report, and Armando delivers, a team is sent to identify and neutralize the enemy immediately.

"I have found our adversary. You are right Armando, it's Daniel. Our guys caught the other two cars and their inhabitants. They are at the base now." Dante informed, performing the same action he had done before, breaking the phone and throwing it into the trash can.

Leonardo let out an airy sigh and closed his eyes for a moment. "Where is she?" He asked, Alex, pointed out to the room, it was past the stairs and facing the dining room.

He walked towards the door as the others continued talking about the situation, and what has to be done next.

He saw her lying on the bed with the blanket kicked away and lying on the floor, on the other hand, Vivian was sleeping whilst hugging her pillow. He chuckled and picked up the blanket and covered her. He gave her a kiss on her forehead and proceeded to leave, thankful that she was not seriously hurt. He then saw Alex at the doorway, tiredness in his eyes.