~ Chapter 15 ~

I woke up the next day very tired. I hadn't gotten a wink of sleep last night with that awful feeling lingering.

And the dread of waking up the next morning...

"Let's get up now...", I sighed to myself as I stood up slowly and walked to my bathroom.

I locked the door behind me, even though I knew it couldn't do anything.

I sighed as I stepped into the shower, letting my thoughts drown away under the water.

I promised myself to take a quick shower and get dressed, for my sake and for whoever decides to walk in on me, purposefully or not, I didn't care.

But, I hurried down stairs much more quickly when I heard commotion.

I found Yui, Azusa and Kanato in the same room.

Azusa was standing at the door way and Kanato was choking Yui.

I gasped and hurried to Azusa's side.

"Azusa, what's going on?", I asked worriedly, but I was too afraid to intervene.

But, Azusa was gone, and he was now holding Teddy and standing in front of the fireplace.

"No...", I sucked in a breath.

"Kanato...forgive me...", Azusa said before throwing Teddy into the fire.

Yui stood there but I grabbed her arm and hugged her making sure she was alright.

"Let's go...", Azusa demanded, holding Yui's wrist.

"You too...", he added looking at me. I nodded and followed him back to the Mukami mansion.

When we finally got back to the mansion and into Ruki's room we found him...in not the best state.

"Ruki...How did this happen?", Yui asked worriedly, I simply frowned and stood there looking at Ruki.

I felt bad, but I didn't know him enough to feel awful.

"He protected me...It's my fault Ruki...", Azusa started his answer for Yui.

"It's not your fault Azusa. What happened, happened.", Kou reassured him.

"It was out of the blue too.", Yuma started, but he fell silent as they recalled the events.

"Why were there wolves?", Yui questioned.

"It is a bit strange. But, we have no clue why either.", Kou answered.

Yui looked back at Ruki, and I looked at him with her.

I'd barely known him, yet, I felt worried and moved that he had the courage to protect Azusa like that.

We all decided to leave Ruki's room and give him space and so we all hung out in the main hall. Well, I simply sat there trying to come up with something while the others spoke to each other.

I only heard them talking about Ruki and his plan for Adam, which I was too busy ignoring when I realized.

"Wait!", I stood up quickly as the others turned to look at me, "The wolves, it must be because of the eclipse happening soon! Which means the Sakamakis are probably getting attacked as we speak. The motivation behind this is still unclear, but that's the only logical explanation. And, who would do this...", I wondered to myself sitting back down and thinking again.

.

---------------

.