~ Chapter 17 ~

I opened my eyes to find myself back in the big black ink. (Get it??)

My smile widened as I turned to find the reflection.

"Someone's happy to see me...", the reflection said, tilting their head to the side, studying me.

I nodded my head, "Could you answer my questions. Please?", I asked, almost pleading.

The reflection's face turned into one as though they were looking into the distance.

"I'll answer one question, if you let me take over your body once. Any time. And it will be my choice when.", the reflection stated.

I nodded my head, "Of course!", I answered quickly, not actually listening to what they said.

They smiled sinisterly and held out their hand, their hand when past the reflection which was liquid yet solid at the same time. Their true hand was, pitch black. I shrugged it off and shook their hand eagerly.

"Very well, ask away.", the reflection said, their smile growing by the second.

I stood there, I hadn't actually prepared any questions for them. Not even the faintest idea of what I should ask.

"What happened?", I asked.

"You're going to have to be less vague than that honey.", the reflection laughed at me.

"You know...that day...", I trailed off.

"Ah, that's for you to find out with time. Besides, you're not nearly ready for that information.", the reflection stated.

"Hey! You said you'd answer my question!", I curled my fists into balls and glared at them. They only shrugged in response.

"I said I'd give you an answer. Not that it would be the one you want.", they answered as they slowly started to disappear.

"No! Wait! I need answers!"

"Oi! N/n!", I gasped sitting up straight and crashing right into Ayato.

"Ouch!", I exclaimed, covering my forehead immediately.

"What's going on?! You were shaking a bunch and turning!", Ayato grabbed my shoulders dramatically.

I stood up quickly, "Nothing you need to bother yourself with. I'm fine Ayato.", I answered as I paced around the room.

"Uh, you look like Reiji right now. You are not fine.", Ayato stated, narrowing his eyes at me.

I sighed and turned to him, "It's...complicated.", I finally answered.

"Come on! Give me an answer. You're no fun...", Ayato pouted as I raised an eyebrow.

"Sure, as if you've ever told me anything.", I stated, crossing my arms.

Ayato smiled at me, "Fine! I ask you a question, you ask me a question! Deal?", Ayato said. I nodded my head and sat down beside him.

"Hmm.", Ayato thought out loud, "Who's Miu?", Ayato asked and I froze.

"How do you know her name.", I growled, narrowing my eyes at him.

"You were screaming their name while you were having nightmares. All. The. Time.", he shrugged and I sighed.

"She's...a childhood best-friend.", I answered blankly.

"What did she do?", Ayato asked eagerly.

"Ah, ah. One question, it's my turn now.", Ayato frowned and I put a finger to my chin pensively, "What did your father do to you?", I asked, tilting my head. It was Ayato's turn to freeze.