~ Chapter 13 ~

I woke up very late into the day.

When checking my clock it was already 3:00 pm.

Shit.

But, the brothers couldn't give two shits. So, no one checked up on me.

I frowned, last night, it took lots of convincing to finally get Yui to leave me alone. I fell asleep rather peacefully.

I sighed as I got up, I felt very weak and not exactly in the best mood.

Slowly putting on a lazy but comfortable outfit I walked out into the hall hopping a little while pulling on one of my shoes.

I walked around a little before coming across a library.

My face lit up, I was excited to see a library in this mansion too.

I quickly walked into the library and started looking around. Whoever put the books in here had very good taste.

I decided on a few horror books and sat down in a chair. Putting in my earplugs and reading away.

I was so invested in my book I didn't realize the vampire approaching me.

"Excuse me."

"Ah!", I jumped out of my seat almost dropping the book I had in my hands, I caught it in time.

"Sorry!", I said bowing to the stranger I was talking to.

"It's fine. Do you know where Eve is?", Ruki asked me demandingly.

"Ah, I'm afraid not. Sorry.", I said looking down at the books in my hands.

"Do you like reading?", Ruki asked, no one had really asked me about my hobbies before. My eyebrows shot up.

"Er, yes I do actually. It's one of my many hobbies. Reading is great for many things and helps me improve my vocabulary.", I said my eyes twinkling a little.

"I see. You're much more intelligent than the Eve girl.", Ruki said plainly, "You haven't tried escaping once.", he finished.

I only smiled sadly, "There's not much for me to return to. It's my life now I suppose.", I looked down in a defeated manner.

"Why are you with the Sakamakis?", Ruki asked making me look back at him.

I looked back up and sighed, I explained my entire situation with Yui, getting caught, kidnapped and then forced to be their personal maid.

"I see.", Ruki answered, holding his chin with his fingers, "They are disgusting things. No respect, a sorry excuse of vampires, they really are.", he said shaking his head.

I nodded, "They truly are.", I agreed holding onto the book I found harder.

"Very well, I won't keep you any longer, I'll go find Eve, er, what's your name?", Ruki asked.

They don't even know my name...

"Y/n.", I answered firmly.

"Very well.", Ruki said, walking away.

I huffed landing back onto the chair I was sitting on before.

Retreating back to my music and books I spent the rest of my day there. Not realizing I missed dinner completely.

Dinner passed, and so did the hours. Before I knew it, it was 10:00pm.

I frowned, looking at the clock before getting up and heading to my room.

I went to bed, but I couldn't sleep. The fear of having a nightmare again, it haunted me like every other awful thing I ever did.

.

-----------

.

After many hours of no sleep I finally got up and got dressed for the day.

I put on some makeup because of the bags under my eyes.

I then heard a knock on my door.

"Come in.", I answered, I saw Ruki walk into the room throwing the school uniform on the chair.

"Hurry.", he ordered before walking away.

I frowned, but put on the outfit anyway.

.

-------------

.

I walked in between all the brothers with Yui in the hallway.

Before they said their goodbyes and me and Yui headed to class.

I went my own way and so did Yui.

As I was walking up the stairs I realized someone was there.

"Eh? Shuu.", I said looking down, he was sleeping in the staircase. I sighed, before stepping over his leg.

"Hey.", Shuu called out. I turned around to face him.

"Yeah?", I said.

"Just so you know, no one cares where you've been you know?", he said opening one of his eyes to look at me.

I smiled, "Just like how I couldn't care less about your opinion.", I said before continuing going up the stairs.

I heard a grunt but thought nothing of it.

I sat down in the hallway, I couldn't care less about class; so I skipped.

Not like I would get in trouble.

I started walking around before I found Yui getting dragged by Subaru.

I narrowed my eyes and caught up to him.

"Hey. Subaru.", I said crossing my arms when he stopped.

"What?", he snapped back.

"What do you think you're doing.", I answered pulling Yui back.

"It doesn't concern you.", he hissed, now grabbing my arm, if he held any harder, my arm would definitely break.

I gritted my teeth, "Let. Go.", I said in a threatening tone.

"Or what?", Subaru questioned, his grip on my wrist tightening until I heard a crunch.

My eyes widened.

What happened next was all a blur but before I knew it, I had Subaru pinned down and a look of shock all over his face.

"What the...", Subaru coughed, my knee was on his chest, applying weight on it, "Hell.", he finished.

His arm was in my not-broken one.

I was panting, and I was completely shocked, but very confused.

Yui was in an extremely panicked state, unsure what to do.

I quickly got off of him before brushing myself off.

How...

I fell on the floor.

"Y/N!"

The last thing I saw was that reflection again...

Lmao, this chapter is hella short-
Anywho, I'm tired and have two projects due tomorrow.
Good day >:)
- Author <3