(13)

"Well, I suppose we better get going now," said Elliot.

"Yeah... that would be nice"

They each placed a hand on the last symbol of love but nothing happened.

"Huh? Something must be wrong.." said Kai.

They both just kept trying to put their hands on the symbol over and over again yet it didn't work. There was just silence as they tried to figure this out.

"Maybe as one necklace is a puzzle and the other is a heart with a missing puzzle perhaps they go together. Try it!" said Elliot.

They tried it and it seemed to work. With a glow and a ring the two necklaces combined into a heart. That still didn't seem to work so they also decided to place the heart into the book and that turned into a whole book without the pages ripped out.

"I guess they all combine into one. And I thought you were the smart one." Elliot said teasingly.

Kai only giggled in response and then they both placed their hands on the book. Finally, they were gonna be home after all this waiting and all these tears. It almost felt like a weight falling off of Elliot's chest. Relief.

Elliot woke up back on the floor of his room. Betty and Max weren't there with him unlike when they teleported but oddly enough Kai wasn't there either. Elliot sat up a noticed a figure sitting on his window.

"Who are you?" Elliot asked.

"Humans believe anything don't they?" asked the figure.

The winged creature chuckled and Elliot stepped closer. As light shined on the figure's face Elliot realized he recognized it.

"Why do you have wings, Kai? And what are these weird things you're saying?" Elliot asked with a hint of fear.

"Hm, let's see...I used you." Kai smiled.

"What?"

"Once dead I became a ghost. I was told I was gonna go to hell though for all the wrongs I've done in my life and the only way I can go to heaven is if I get a human to fall in love with someone like me. If someone loves me it shows I'm not as bad as God judges me."

"Wait so-"

"Yes." He cut Elliot off.

"I never did love you," Kai added.

"So all the time I spent with you, every moment we shared, and just everything meant nothing to you?"

"I'm surprised you didn't figure that out by now. You're just as bad as me honestly. Did you ever seriously think id love a gay freak like you?"

"Well...y-yeah..."

"Stupid, stupid,  stupid..." Kai rolled its eyes.

Kai got up and stood on the window.

"This must be it now then... Goodbye, human."

"Just goodbye?! You killed my friends and broke my trust. I thought you were my true love! You stupid piece of shit I'm gonna murder you again if even possible!" Elliot was enraged.

Kai started to fly away using his 'angel' wings but Elliot wasn't about to have that. Elliot grabbed Kai's leg tight and wasn't about to let go.

"You can't kill me twice! Just let go now!" Kai yelled.

"No!" Elliot cried out.

"If you must really ruin my life like this then at least bring my friends back!"

"I can't! Just let go you have no choice anymore."

Elliot looked down. "Wow, I suppose there was nothing left," he thought to himself. A perfectly alive human can't go to heaven and he certainly couldn't get back to his window from here. His hands became weak. Just as they were about to let loose Elliot said one last thing.

"You know, you really are a monster. I regret ever checking those woods."

His fingers couldn't hold on anymore. As fast as they grabbed on, they also let go. Kai almost wanted to try catching Elliot but he remembered what he had to do to get into heaven.

Elliot fell for what seemed like both ages and a flash. He landed on the trees which tried to ease his fall but it didn't do much. Just as he was about to hit the ground everything went blank.

All of a sudden Elliot woke up in a bed. "Where am I?" he thought to himself. It wasn't a hospital bed or anything fancy at all.

Elliot sat up and soon his jaw dropped. He was in his room. No, not in the bedroom in his castle. He was in his room room.

Elliot wasn't a king. He was a teenager. All of that was just a dream. A movie played in his mind while asleep. None of that was real actually. Betty isn't real. Max isn't real. Okolanono isn't real. His looks and the dimension traveling aren't real. The dead body and guards aren't real. And...Kai...wasn't real.

Elliot honestly started crying processing it all. I mean at least he isn't dead and he doesn't have a dead friend either but...Kai. Elliot truly did love Kai and knowing Kai was just a part of his imagination...it felt...sad. It didn't feel right. Sometimes Elliot hates how realistic and long dreams can be. The worst part was that Elliot couldn't even tell it was a dream. No matter what everything just seems normal in a dream. Maybe if he realized it was a dream he would've never fallen for Kai or experienced any of it at all.

Elliot just kept blaming himself and sat there for who knows how long just rethinking the whole thing over and over again. He never had that pretty white streak and he's always had irises. He wasn't even 25 but he was actually 17. At least he still had his pretty and fluffy long brown hair. Honestly, after spending so long in that dream he couldn't even tell what was real and what was fake. To a certain point, he was paranoid that even this moment right now was a dream and maybe he was still king but no. Elliot pinched himself but nothing. It felt real too. This was reality.

Elliot check the time and it was 7:30 AM. He had to get ready for school so he got up and walked to his door to go downstairs. He paused for a moment though upon noticing something on his door.

All there was was a yellow sticky note with "Go out into the woods in the morning." written on it.

(This was a fun story to write and I hope you enjoyed it and it got some emotion out of you lol. Anyway, please give any writing tips if you can, and check out my next books)