Once Elliot opened his eyes with a headache. He had woken up in what Kai calls 'Project 13'. It didn't know why the world was called that but it was in the book and this land fits the description—floating islands and waterfalls with many mountains and caves within the mountains. The trees, bushes, and other plants were blue and purple instead of the usual earth green and the trees were so big they exceeded the height of the highest building on earth with tree trunks wide enough to support it all.

This world seemed so beautiful that no one in the group spotted anything dangerous at first.

"Uhm...is there anything we should be worried about in this place?" Elliot asked nervously.

"Yeah and I think we should find somewhere to hide before we see it..."

"Oh don't be such a wuss I doubt there's anything too bad to see here." Betty said confidently before spotting something sitting on top of the massive trees. Her face dropped but Elliot clearly hadn't seen the same thing.

"Besides the fact that any of the trees could fall I think you are oversaturating how dangerous this is." Elliot said with a slight hint of confusion.

"Guys..." Betty said right as Max began putting his tail in between his legs with his ears going down.

Elliot finally looked in the direction Betty and Max were looking with Kai following along with the gaze as well. They all saw what looked like a massive blue phoenix looking around for what the group could only assume to be its prey.

"Did I mention how these whale size creatures can alert up to 13 other phoenixes once they spot pray..." Kai mumbled nervously while staring directly at the large creature.

"Seriously, where are you learning all this stuff?" Elliot asked.

"RUN!" Betty shouted and Max yelped in fear.

Hearing the command everyone panicked and ran in different directions. Clearly, the phoenix had spotted them and its awfully loud screeches only told the travelers that it's alerted the rest of the ridiculously sized fire-breathing cotton candies.

The noises multiplied and both got further and closer and Elliot sprinted from his life in the woods. All he cared about at that moment was getting away from these monsters. It felt like years until Elliot finally ran out of breath and found a mountain nearby with a cave in it. He sat down on the cold stone floor and gasped and gasped for air. He was sitting with his head leaning back on the wall and closed his eyes when suddenly heard breathing. He almost jumped thinking another creature had found him but when he opened his eyes and looked in the direction of the sound only to see Kai.

"Thank god you're here!" Elliot said in an out-of-breath voice.

"Yeah."

Elliot paused for a moment while looking at Kai who was standing at the entrance of the cave. It then walked over to him and sat down beside him.

"Do you know where the rest of the group went?" Elliot asked.

"No idea. I read it's pretty easy to get lost here because of the size of everything."

"How much information does that book God gave you have?"

"A lot but I'm only remembering some of the information. The book has hundreds of pages on each subject and while my memory is good it was almost like God made it worse just to sabotage us."

"What do you mean by us?"

"I mean our group and stuff?"

"Oh yeah, Uhm I knew you were talking about that..." Elliot blushed in embarrassment and looked away.

There was a long silence that left the two to think before Kai decided to put a hand on Elliot's thigh. Elliot was shocked as expected but he didn't pull away and if anything he tried to give signs that Kai was clear to do that. As if Kai could read his mind, he continued to slide the hand on Elliot's thigh almost making it to his crotch. Despite enjoying it, all Elliot could think about was 'why?'. I mean there's no way he's that obvious that he has a crush on it, right?

"Do you like me?" Kai said almost quietly worrying the answer might be 'no'.

"I mean I haven't known you for too long but this definitely isn't the usual feeling I have around friends..." Elliot said and chuckled.

They looked at each other and stared deeply into each other's eyes. It was a bit difficult for Kai to look into the eyes of someone that has no iris but he managed. They both began leaning into a kiss but it was interrupted by the teleporting noise of Okolanono.

Elliot and Kai looked at Okolanono who was trying to desperately mouth out something. Upon realizing they can't read his lips Okolanono decided to quickly scribble something on their paper. "BETTY MAX DANGER" The paper read.

Elliot and Kai didn't exactly understand what Okolanono meant but they decided to quickly follow them when he started running. They were all led back into the depths of the blue forest having to jump across small floating islands and across the rocks in the rivers until Okolanono finally slowed down.

Okolanono dropped to his knees, put his head down, and revealed a dead body. It wasn't just any dead body though and upon closer look, Elliot saw it was Betty's. Tears began to form in Elliot's mind and it felt like time slowed down. She wasn't even recognizable at this point and the only clear sign of her was the scar covering her left eye. It was clear the birds had gotten their hands on her. A few feet away from Betty's body was also Max's deceased body. From the scene and Okolanonos writing, it seemed like they got attacked and both Betty and Max died while Okolanono tried to get help.

"NO! WHY? YOU WERE STILL SO YOUNG!" Elliot yelled through tears.

"Please..why now? You still had so long!" Elliot kept speaking to Betty's dead body as if she could hear it. All he could think about was how he should've died instead.

They all sat just crying. Okolanono and Kai hadn't even known the two for too long yet seeing the dead bodies of their friends and also how Elliot cried were enough to make them weep as well.